Hurricane Irma

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Hurricane Irma

Postby mbday630 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 am

I flew to Florida only to drive back home after 16 hours. Hurricane Irma is terrible and we wanted my grandson to be safe. Now we are talking about driving back on Monday, however, I see there is another hurricane - Jose- starting up so we are wondering if we should stay up here for a few more days to see what that one is doing. I hate this uncertainty. If it were just me, I would probably ride it out but with a newborn baby, it is most important that he is safe. Florida isn't looking too good to me right now.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Hurricane Irma

Postby Diat60 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hurric ... da-latest/ Seems like the forecast is for high winds on Monday, might be better to wait for a bit?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 pm

This hurricane sounds like a nightmare... better safe than sorry.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:30 am

yes, we are going to wait a bit longer to go back there. Maybe there was a secondary reason for all this - my dog is getting put down today as he is in so much pain and has a tumor. Larry said that it was good that I was back here to take care of him and give him love before the final moments. My heart is hurting so bad. it is unbelievable how much we love our dogs. Not a dry eye in our house today.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am

So sorry to hear about your dog... I think we've all been through this terrible heartache with our beloved pets.

This graphic from the National Weather Service looks to me like it's going to be very difficult to avoid this hurricane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am

yes, Ft. Myers is going to get hit bad. right now I am only thinking about my dog as we are safe in Wisconsin. So glad we got out early and could get to safe places. Life sucks sometimes.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 am

For sure, mbday...
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:29 am

Just watching the news and it looks bad for Ft. Myers. We have friends that live close by that got a motel room but they are kicking them out as somebody else had reserved it before them. They have 5 dogs and are thrown out into this hurricane. What a sad thing for so many people. Thankfully I am hunkered down here in my home state. I still miss my dog though. Just walking through the house, one can feel something is missing and my other dogs and my cat are acting crazy. All of feel the absence of our beloved dog. Thank goodness I was here to send him off to the great beyond. No more pet/dogs for me. I can't handle this heartache. it just hurts way too bad.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Linda, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news about your doggie - I know just what heartache you are going through right now x x x
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Mbday. You'll just have to cuddle the other pets extra hard for awhile.

I have several relatives who live near the west coast of Florida. All of them have battened down the hatches or are moving to shelters. The storm surge shouldn't affect any of them because they're inland a ways, but the winds could do damage, especially since two of them live in mobile homes.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm

My goodness, I would not like to be living in a mobile home in this extreme weather, LadyK!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

All my family members down there are fine. It was fortunate that the storm began to lose some power as it moved inland.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”