Stress Levels on the Ceiling Now!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Stress Levels on the Ceiling Now!

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:50 am

Oh my goodness, I am sooooo stressed out - spent half of yesterday and all of this morning trying to complete the onlilne India Visa application - why on earth do they make it all so difficult - I can remember having the very same problems last year, and was reduced to tears at that time.

If it was not for Drac, my wonderful Guardian Angel coming to my rescue yesterday, I would not have been able to complete this dreadful application. She came to my rescue and reduced my passport photo to the size they require in jpeg form. Then I had to scan my actual Passport, tried to submit it online, it was rejected cos they dont accept jpeg only pdf files - so once again I had to resort to Google and find some online software, once again tried to submit the Passport but now it is telling me that I have to reduce the pdf file to under 300kb - grrrrrrrrr - so yet again I Google for some more online software - I am absolutely drained. And all this time I am dreading my internet connection may be lost as I am now on Page 4 of a very very extensive document and dont want to have to start all over again - they even want to know where my Father was born and where - How the hell should I know lol? So, being at the end of my tether, I just made it all up ha ha.

And now I shall sit here with baited breath for the rest of the week, wondering whether they are going to come back to me and reject any of my uploads..................................
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Stress Levels on the Ceiling Now!

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 am

Oh, my dear, why DIDN'T you just let me know about all the problems! I already have all the software needed... all you have to do is forward and I'd have it done in two clicks!!

What are good friends for if you can't use them!

As long as you save your document often and copy to your EHD, you won't lose anything if the internet goes down.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

I know but while I was online completing this form, you were sleepy bows lol and I just did not dare leave the PC in case the internet connection disappeared and then I would have lost alll progress so far. You would not believe just how extensive this online application form was - wanted to know almost everything except the colour of my knickers ha ha!

And now I am totally deflated - Jersey has given me just 7 days to come up with the £30,000 shortfall on my Mum's residential care - and zillions of emails have been flying back and forth between me and them all day - and I am just totally totally ****** off now.

Going to go and lose myself in a book, and forget about everything else!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 am

Oh, yes... well, the time difference WOULD have been a problem!!

I cannot believe Jersey is still after you for your mother's care. Am I remembering that you had contacted a lawyer a year or so ago? They should not be able to do this unless you signed something saying you were responsible for her care.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Oh, and I forgot to say that I had yet another major panic half way through completing this form - obviously they were asking for my Passport details and could I find my Passport? Realised I had not seen it since returning from Jersey - spent the next hour going through everything to find it - eventually found it in my handbag - which I had already looked in twice already lol.

Yes the Jersey Care Unit are telling me that because I took on Mum's Power of Attorney, then I am also now liable for her debts and her care fees - I am still in shock at hearing this!!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm having a hard time believing that being a POA also requires you to take on her debt. I thought it was to just take care of HER money and decisions and that it wouldn't mix YOUR finances and hers. At least that's the way I know it works here in the US. My sister, brother and I are all POA for mom, but our personal finances are not mixed with hers. We just have to power to pay her bills with HER available finances and make decisions concerning her health. I still think the opinion of an attorney is in order.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Not at £5,000 up front before they will even LOOK at the problem lol!
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:15 pm

See my edits above about how it is here in the US. I still think they blowing smoke up your arse.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Do you think you could find out a bit more about it here??? Perhaps someone would address a simple inquiry?

Forget that link - let me see if I can find another one.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:41 pm

I have found this and will study it tomorrow. this is all I could find on a Jersey Power of Attorney.

https://www.cab.org.je/index.php?option ... Itemid=107

CAB - Citizens Advice Bureau - is the organisation in Jersey that I am going to contact tomorrow to see if they can help me - they are normally excellent at sorting people's problems out.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Oh, yes... this is just what you need. All you really need to know is if the type of POA you have mixes your finances with your mother's. Keep us posted here... It appears that you could declare bankruptcy on behalf of your mother.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm

I just dont need this at the moment - I really dont - I have enough paperwork etc to sort out already - and I dont need this added stress - I am not sure if I told you but several people alerted me to the fact that "people" connected with Mum's Nursing Home are asking friends of mine my whereabouts - that is why I kept a very low profile in Jersey - well apart from Facebook ha ha.
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh, my. So now they are stalking you. I know you certainly don't need this right now, but leave it to them to dump this on you in such an untimely fashion.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 am

I've just had a look at the rules for Power of Attorney in the UK (government site) and nowhere does it say the person holding Power of Attorney is responsible for the "donor's" i.e. your mother, debts, only that you must be prudent in using her money. I don't understand, how could there be such a huge shortfall in the residential care? I can't imagine you authorized extras that she couldn't afford! It will be interesting to see what the CAB has to say.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:13 am

Sorry the stress is hitting you from all sides RB! Take a deep breath, remember that poem on reading you posted on Facebook the other day and open that book. :)
Hang in there!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”