Home Upset Home

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Home Upset Home

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:26 pm

That little movie was fun, Val! Thanks for posting it.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:39 pm

That was great, Val! Well, I turned my "Dustin" loose on my floors today. Was nothing short of amazed at how good a job he did on my carpet and my laminate floors. He vacuumed under my couch and chairs several times and got back corners with nary a hitch. He beeped at me once when he couldn't get out from where I have quite a few things plugged in to a surge protector. I just picked him up and pressed "auto" and off he went again! I'm turning him loose upstairs tomorrow where I am completely unable to vacuum under my bed. He even did edges!

The robo-vac is an unqualified hit!

The cat did take one look and run upstairs to hide! I wonder what the barn cans (who think they should be house cats) will think!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:50 pm

How often do you have to empty the vac, Drac? Does it have a bag?
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:17 pm

It has a fairly small compartment which you empty. What others have told me and after my experience with taking little Dustin upstairs this morning, I can see that after an initial vacuuming, I won't have to empty except when he's done. This initial vacuuming is picking up cat and dog hair by the bushel in places where I can't get to with a traditional vacuum cleaner. I let him run for an hour and a half in my bedroom and adjoining 7' x 7' closet. Because of the small room and the carpet, it is impossible to vacuum under my bed. So, I'd rather not think about how many years it's been... I emptied him twice. Then I let him go for another half hour or so and that time he barely picked up anything. Probably 80% of what he's picking up is pet hair right now. This is the one I got... it was recommended to me by two friends who have them. The Roombas are MUCH more expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XV ... UTF8&psc=1
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:01 am

I was amazed to see that same firm does window cleaners too. I'm not in the market for a vacuum but I'm working on himself for the window cleaner!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Good for you Draclvr! Not sure I’m ready yet for robots to invade my home!

How did your Deebot do on your floors?
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Well, my living room camping should come to an end next week. The new floors look good, the trim is back up, the baseboard heat covers are back on, dings and rough spots have been spackled and sanded, and my new bedroom closet doors have been hung. All that's left is painting my bedroom and doing touch up paint in the other rooms, then they'll move my furniture back in. I do miss my bed, but I should be in it by Wed. night. Fortunately, I'm going out for dinner on Thanksgiving. :eat
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

So, the end is in sight!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 am

Yes, thank goodness! Then comes the puzzle of putting all my stuff back in place, since I plan on making some changes to reduce the clutter.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 am

Kickaha, I just realized I forgot to answer your question about the robot vacuum! I am utterly amazed at how well it does - especially on my low pile carpet. I didn't expect it to do that well. After the initial heavy duty jot it had getting under things and into places I can get with the upright vacuum, I only empty the little container once after it is done with the 2 hour job. Initially, the cat hair was epic! I love how when he is done, he just searches for his little "home" and ambles over and connects to it and happily starts charging again!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”