Happy Halloween

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

Happy Halloween

Postby StarLite » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:09 am

Just wanted to pop by and wish everyone a fun time tonight. The house is decorated. We gave most of our decorations away because we'll be moving, kept some for tonight. I told hubby we'll keep these ones and decorate for ourselves when we move to the country. Have fun folks and keep your hands out of the goodies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Happy Halloween

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:47 pm

Happy Halloween to you, too, StarLite! I have so much construction stuff in my yard that I'm not sure many will come, but I'm ready if they do.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Happy Halloween to you too, Starlite!

I know you've been wanting to move to the country, but hadn't heard you found some place. So where is it? Is it an acreage? Nice and quiet I hope!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Happy Halloween, Manorites! We actually got a bit of snow today. Not a nice day at all...rainy and snowy and cold. Not sure we'll see many trick or treaters tonight. More candy for me!!!!
Helen7869
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby Helen7869 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Happy Halloween everyone!

Off to enjoy Halloween with the grand kids tonight. :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Are you going trick or treating with them, Helen?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:51 am

We got 23 kids last night, which was 8 more than last year, but I've still got lots of chocolate left over.

My heart goes out to the families affected by the terrorist attack in NYC last night. It certainly put a somber mood on what should have been a night of fun.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:54 pm

We got 45 kids last night...about 20 less than last year. It was very cold and damp, albeit the rain and snow had stopped. A few really little ones with their parents, but mostly 10-12+ year olds I would guess. The best costume was 4 boys dressed rather normally, with signs and shirts saying "Go Ceiling"....which is what they said instead of "trick or treat". They were, are you ready?....Ceiling Fans. Very clever!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Oh, I like it! Ceiling Fans!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Very clever! Had me looking for a music group called 'Ceiling"!!! Then the penny dropped! Duh! :)
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:18 pm

We had about 15 trick or treaters around, which was huge numbers more than we've had before. Luckily I got some mini chocolate bars in to hand out! One tiny little Chinese Cinderella, only 22 months old - just so cute you could eat her. BTW, have you ever tried eating a plate of spaghetti and answering the door at the same time? The bell rang every time I had just put a forkful in! Messy. Loved the Ceiling fans too, that was clever.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 am

We only had a couple of knocks at the door (the first a mum with two kids, the second a group of about ten) this year. Fewer than the last couple of years but I think that was because we hadn't got a pumpkin on display so people weren't sure if we were joining in - actually we weren't sure if we were joining in either (busy looking after our own little monster!), but I had got some supplies in case. Quite a lot of supplies left over, now!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 am

Nary a sight nor sound from this side of the Atlantic! But then, again, we are always last for something to catch on. Think in 17 years here where I live we have only had a'knocking at the door twice. Suppose it depends on the amount of youngsters living nearby. Glad you all had a great, spooky time though.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 am

It does depend on the neighbourhood - at my previous house the only callers were intimidating teenagers and I often pretended not to be home on Halloween. Where I live now, though, there are a lot more families and it's generally small kids coming round appropriately supervised - such a different atmosphere to the evening!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:11 am

Several of my friends live in retirement communities and don't get any kids coming by. My neighborhood has a lot of starter homes with young families, but some avoid our street because we don't have sidewalks.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”