And To All A Good Night

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Leo

And To All A Good Night

Postby StarLite » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 am

Well folks it's that time of the year again. We got a nice snow storm for Christmas. I'm going to be busy these next few days so I thought I'd stop by and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas full of good cheer, good memories and lots of rumnogs. Cheers :santa:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: And To All A Good Night

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:58 am

Well, thank you, Starlite! There is an outside chance we will get snow on Christmas Eve. With climate change we just hardly ever get snow any more, so it's doubtful

That's a great card! Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 am

Thank you Starlite - have yourselves a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2018! Pretty warm here for rum but will toast everyone with my daughter's poinsettia cocktails!

Merry Christmas everyone.[img]
Mooseltoe%20(Small).jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:27 am

Ah, the Moosletoe... One of my favorites!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Merry Christmas, Starlite! Lovely card. And I also love the Moostletoe, Val. We had already gotten a ton of snow (two feet) a couple of weeks ago. If anyone follows the NFL and watched the Buffalo versus Colts snow bowl, or got to see the highlights...I live only 5 minutes from Orchard Park where the stadium is located, so what fell there, fell here as well. We had a thaw this week which melted a lot of the snow, but we got a couple of inches of wet, heavy snow last night. They are predicting a white Christmas for us, with another few inches to fall on Sunday and Monday.

I have the family...14 people with Mom and I...coming for our Christmas Eve celebration and a smaller group (7 or 8) coming for Christmas dinner. So, I also will be quite busy entertaining. It's always so much fun...so as long as I stay organized and don't overcook anything, it will be a nice family get-together. My great nephew, Collin (9 years old), was here last week with his Mom, my niece, who does our hair and just before he left, he asked if I would prepare a treasure hunt for he and his older brother (11 years old). At first I balked, but then suggested that I'd hide his Christmas present. He jumped for joy. Well...using the poem "The Night Before Christmas" I came up with 13 clues which will be hidden among the Christmas decorations and other places around the house...words from the poem. The final clue points them to where the presents are hidden. They are very clever boys and I will not offer them much prompting so as to prolong the game. So...since the clues are contained in lines from the poem, they will have to read it, to find their gifts. (I always threaten them with educational toys if they don't provide me with a wish list, so they'll get their education one way or the other!)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:33 pm

That sounds like the kind of fun I would still like! A treasure hunt for Christmas presents... very clever!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 pm

I've done treasure hunts for them in the past when we've had sleepovers. Before they learned how to read, I had to draw pictures. It's a lot of fun watching them when the light bulb goes on. Of course the older boy outraces the younger to the clues, even though the younger boy figures it out first. I told him that I'm noticing and since they both get to enjoy the "treasure" it really isn't a "contest." I will have to thank Collin on Christmas Eve for getting my creative juices going and adding so much fun to my day!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks for those cards! Your treasure hunt sounds great JKEerie!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks for the cards, StarLite & Val! They made me smile.

I love your treasure hunt idea, JK. You are a great great aunt! :santa:
Into each life some rain must fall, but this is getting ridiculous!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:48 pm

The boys found their treasure...and the grown ups have decided they want to be included next year! So...I will have to come up with a way to get them all involved. That is a current puzzlement, but I'll come up with something. The evening went off without a hitch, which was nice. I'll have more cooking to do for tomorrow's Christmas Dinner, but it will be a smaller crowd all grown ups and it will likely be an earlier night since folks will have to go to work the next morning. Hope everyone found what they treasure tonight!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:04 pm

I laughed when I read that the grown-ups want to be included... I have no doubt that you will come up with something spectacular for them next year!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:45 am

What a good idea! My problem would be that I would make the hint about the gift but then forget what I was thinking! Merry Christmas!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:09 am

JK - easy solution - pair them with youngsters and adults next time or adults and adults if you run out of youngsters. I entertained my grandchildren once with just a piece of paper with various blocks of colors made with crayon and they had to find matching nature items of colour. Kept them entertained for ages when we were out in the countryside. Merry Christmas!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:59 pm

I am open for suggestions! There are only 2 boys and 10 grownups. Thanks for your suggestion, Val!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:21 am

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, StarLite. No snow here, but I did take a trip to Inverness a couple of weeks ago and not seen so much snow since I visited Dragon in Canada! Pavements were treacherous with ice, and I saw many people slip. I took my thermals but I was amazed at how warm it was compared to Sanday, and abandoned the thermals on the first day. I have fallen in love with Inverness - which is just as well as I have to go back a few times to have implants put in - especially the city centre, which is a total pedestrian precinct. It was a lovely time of year to visit, with all the beautiful Christmas decorations everywhere.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”