Merry Christmas to all Manorites

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Merry Christmas to all Manorites

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:24 am

It's Christmas Eve here on this side of the planet. It's snowing like mad here in eastern Missouri, so we get a White Christmas for the first time in many years.

The birds outside have a feeder full of seeds; I have 1 house cat and 3 "barn" cats sleeping upstairs and a 70 lb half pit bull snoring in the living room! It's a good feeling when you know all your humans and pets are safe and snug.

:rendeer: So, MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone! :santa:
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Merry Christmas to all Manorites

Postby Kickaha » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:43 pm

And a merry Christmas to everyone from me too!

It’s worrying when you don’t know where one of your pets is - yesterday both our cats should have gone to the vets but when the time came to put them in the carriers we couldn’t find one of them. She only re-appeared when it was too late - I believe she has learnt how to make herself invisible!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Merry Christmas Mystery Manor, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Merry Christmas, dear Manorites!
Into each life some rain must fall, but this is getting ridiculous!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:51 pm

I saw that you were going to have a white Christmas this year, Drac! The local forecasters had everyone thinking we were going to get a major snowfall tonight...but the weather channel spoke otherwise, so I cautioned everyone. Thus far, the weather channel model is holding true. Should be safe travels for everyone tomorrow.

So...hope everyone is having a truly blessed and joyful Christmas!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:02 pm

I was wondering about you up there, JKEerie! It looked for awhile like you were going to get hammered tonight - on top of everything else you have!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:43 am

Merry Christmas to all! We had our family Christmas last night and had lots of laughs and a good time. It is wonderful to have all the kids here and of course, all the pets were a part of the festivities. We are all a little "peckish" this morning though. Too much fun. When you get older, you wonder how many more of these we are going to have. Larry's mom was here last night too and she is looking frail. It makes you think we have to treasure every Christmas that we have. So, Happy Holidays to all my manorite friends!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:30 am

Merry Christmas from Brian and me too! Just finished opening our gifts to each other - much more chocolate than is good for us but what the heck, eh? Lots of snow here and just about to start shoveling paths for the dogs out back, no doubt finding lots of "goodies" buried along the way. Hope you all have a great day.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:05 am

Had a wonderful day with the family at my son's house. Loads of presents all round, some fun in the pool for the kids and a yummy cold lunch of beef, lamb and pork with salads galore! Only problem was I forgot the box of crackers bought way back in November!! We shall have to have another excuse for a celebration soon to use them! Now back at home to savour a bit of peace and quiet.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:21 am

I'm loving hearing about all your Christmases! It's just me and Dave today. I'll be making a standing rib roast with roasted root veggies from the garden for us. Everyone has absolutely crazy work schedules this year with DIL working all day at UPS today. So I am making Christmas pizza for everyone Wednesday night. Then step-daughter and her boyfriend are driving in from Virginia on Thursday for the big family Christmas on Saturday night. She is continuing her mother's tradition of making coffee cakes for everyone in the family. We found her mom's old recipe and I turn my kitchen over to her on Friday!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:42 am

How about posting that Coffeecake recipe here, Draclvr?
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:52 am

standing rib roast? Can I come over? That is my favorite!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:05 am

Good idea, Diat! Hanna was from Germany - Dave met her while he was stationed there with the Army. So, it's appropriate the recipe is titled Coffee Cake Internationale. Of course, substitute any good cherry or other fruit filling. Claudia sometimes uses blueberry for a couple of them.

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1 can (21 oz) Wilderness Cherry Fruit Filling

For Streusel topping:
Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cut in 1/2 butter until crumbly.

Preheat oven to 375°. Spray two 9" round cake pans with non-stick spray. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until mixture is very light and fluffy. Add extract. Combine flour and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Divide batter evenly in pans, spreading cherry fruit filling on top. Sprinkle streusel topping over top. Bake 25 - 35 minutes until cake is done.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Merry Christmas, my wonderful Manorite friends - no snow here, I am afraid, just rain!

It is 9.30 p.m. and I have just come back from a lovely day with my dear friend who lost her husband earlier this year - a bit of a traumatic day for her, it being her first Christmas without Andy.

This is my first Christmas "out" since 2006 - I normally just spend it with the fur babes - who were definitely not happy at my absence!

Christmas Babies.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Merry Christmas, Rosaboobie! So happy to see you and your festive pups here! I'm so glad you spend the day with your friend. I've been thinking of her today and wondered how she was doing. My best friend from high school passed away last month and a very close friend lost her husband last night . The holidays can be rough for so many, so I am glad you were able to help your friend get through this one.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”