Memorial Day

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Memorial Day

Postby draclvr » Mon May 28, 2018 8:30 am

For those of us in the US today is our Memorial Day. It is a day we remember and honor our service members who have fallen. My husband took a group of a dozen kids around and put flags on all the veteran's graves in our town yesterday. Our American Legion has a parade in town and then the Auxiliary serves BBQ pork steak and fried chicken dinners after a Memorial Service. I will be tending bar for the Auxiliary and hubby left at 7:00 am this morning to fry the chicken.

Although Memorial Day is a day for solemn remembrances, it is also the unofficial beginning of summer here, so there are also lots of family picnics and BBQs. It's blistering hot here - in the mid-90's F - so I imagine there be lots of INDOOR BBQs!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Memorial Day

Postby LadyKestrel » Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm

We had a cold front come through yesterday with yet more rain, but the sun is out now and it's a balmy 62 degrees. I hope the folks who decided to come "down the shore" for a weekend at the beach have a nice afternoon, but I won't be going anywhere until tomorrow when the crowds clear.
It's not hoarding if it's books, games, rubber stamps or chocolate.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Tue May 29, 2018 12:42 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 am

I always thought it was so nice to put flags on all the servicemen's/servicewomen's graves. It Helps us remember. we had a good day and played yard dice, and I sent my DIL out for flank steak as I am going to TRY to make Mongolian beef. I never had it but I am feeling brave in my old age so that is what I am doing today. Plus my brother from Arizona is out and is going to visit me today so what a great weekend. I love summer. btw though, my Baltimorioles aren't coming around as much. that has me worried.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 am

It could be that your Balitmore Orioles are nesting right now.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”