Memorial Day

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Memorial Day

Post by draclvr » Mon May 28, 2018 8:30 am

For those of us in the US today is our Memorial Day. It is a day we remember and honor our service members who have fallen. My husband took a group of a dozen kids around and put flags on all the veteran's graves in our town yesterday. Our American Legion has a parade in town and then the Auxiliary serves BBQ pork steak and fried chicken dinners after a Memorial Service. I will be tending bar for the Auxiliary and hubby left at 7:00 am this morning to fry the chicken.

Although Memorial Day is a day for solemn remembrances, it is also the unofficial beginning of summer here, so there are also lots of family picnics and BBQs. It's blistering hot here - in the mid-90's F - so I imagine there be lots of INDOOR BBQs!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Re: Memorial Day

Post by LadyKestrel » Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm

We had a cold front come through yesterday with yet more rain, but the sun is out now and it's a balmy 62 degrees. I hope the folks who decided to come "down the shore" for a weekend at the beach have a nice afternoon, but I won't be going anywhere until tomorrow when the crowds clear.
I'm not lazy. I'm on energy save mode.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Tue May 29, 2018 12:42 am

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 am

I always thought it was so nice to put flags on all the servicemen's/servicewomen's graves. It Helps us remember. we had a good day and played yard dice, and I sent my DIL out for flank steak as I am going to TRY to make Mongolian beef. I never had it but I am feeling brave in my old age so that is what I am doing today. Plus my brother from Arizona is out and is going to visit me today so what a great weekend. I love summer. btw though, my Baltimorioles aren't coming around as much. that has me worried.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 am

It could be that your Balitmore Orioles are nesting right now.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.