Game of Thrones

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Game of Thrones

Postby draclvr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:10 pm

The last season starts tonight. I am so excited!! I know danyboy is just as excited as I am!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby JKEerie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 am

I actually didn't start watching until a couple years ago and then backtracked via On Demand and the internet to watch from the beginning. Since it is still on Demand on my cable, I'm tempted to rewatch the entire series from the beginning. It's so well done and so much intrigue. I've determined my favorite characters are Tyrion, Davos, and Arya.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 pm

I may watch the entire series all over again since it's been so long since it started. In this show, it's best to not get too attached to any of the characters!

I'm slowly reading the books too... they kind of help me keep all the characters and intrigue straight.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:17 pm

I have also just started to watch it again from the very beginning.

Drac, after seeing the tv series, would you recommend the books?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Oh, yes, definitely! The final season just started here last night. The first few books followed the series quite well and what reading them did was fill in the blanks to help me remember and understand all the characters and how they interacted. After the first 3 or 4, the series deviated quite a bit. I'm waiting to read the rest of the books until after this final season is over. I've read that they've already started filming a pre-quell which makes me very happy!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm

I've never watched the series, but it's on my bucket list. I did buy the books but haven't started them yet.
We lose ourselves in books and games. We find ourselves there, too.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 pm

I've been rewatching for the past two days. I've watched Episodes 1 to 3 of the first season. The similarities in the first episode and the most recent episode are striking.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 pm

After last night...all I can say is "Wow!"
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Arya! Who knew! I was shocked!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

The only point that I knew was when she is talking with Mellisandre about the eyes. "brown eyes and green eyes. And blue eyes." What do we say to the god of death: "Not today." And Arya just takes off running.

The subtleties in this episode...amongst all the gore and fighting and spectacle:

1. As the NK is standing in front of Bran and Bran finally turns to him, you see the NK tilt his head ever so slightly. (Like: "Am I missing something?")
2. Then the WW turns as if he's seen something or heard something.
3. Arya suddenly springs from out of nowhere. But the NK turns and catches her by the throat and you see her drop the dagger. I'm thinking "Oh, no..." (I had totally forgotten the fight scene with Brienne.)
4. Arya catches the dagger, you see the look on her face, and Game Over. (At least this one, there's more Game to come). Now I'm remembering the scene with Brienne.

(The parallel within the episode of Lyanne Mormont being picked up, suspended in mid-air by the wight giant, but she has the ice dagger and plunges it in his eye. Two bad ass ladies!)

Then the remembrance of the very first episode: When Bran is practicing bow and arrow and consistently missing. Suddenly a Bulls eye! But is was Arya who was standing behind Bran with the bow. She gives him that mischievous grin. Bran looked annoyed. Last night when they both looked at each other after she offed the NK, there were no grins or looks of annoyance...but two expressions of "we had this all along."

Just Wow!!!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Oh, you have put it all in a nutshell perfectly! I too had forgotten about the scene with Brienne when she did the same thing. I think it was one of the things she practiced when she was trying to be "no one." Can't remember the name of that group. I'll have to look it up.

And tiny little Lady Mormont getting the wight giant was nearly as badass as Arya!

What an episode... and more to come. Dave just says he hopes the next battle is during the day as he couldn't see anything and tell who was getting killed and who wasn't!

I was hoping somehow that Daenerys would save Viserion by touching him or something. But, alas, she may only has one dragon now. I cried when either Rhaegar or Drogon curled around her after Jorah died. I hope they are both alive.

Return to “General Talk, Comments or Questions”