Changing of the Guard

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Changing of the Guard

Post by Caroline » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 am

Those of you who knew Karla, admin at JA forum will be saddened to learn that she passed away this week. For someone so set against social media, I think even she would crack a wry smile at being the subject of several threads. Her passing was announced on facebook and twitter ands has saddened all those who knew her.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Re: Changing of the Guard

Post by LadyKestrel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:31 pm

I first learned this sad news when Colpet posted it over at GB. Karla was a woman of many talents, but I will miss her devilish sense of humor most of all.
Think like a proton. Stay positive.

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Thank you so much for letting us know, Caroline. I didn't know her, but she was a force to be reckoned with in the gaming world from what I did know of her. I was thinking you and Karla were good friends, LadyK?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:38 am

Although I never met Karla in person, we were on staff together at JA and communicated regularly in the "back room" and via email. (I left the site about 6 months after the new owner took over.) Unfortunately, I lost many of my email addresses when trying to move them over to my newer computer, so I lost contact with Karla. It makes me angry with myself that I didn't try harder to find a way to get in touch again.
Think like a proton. Stay positive.