i am so dumb

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

i am so dumb

Post by mbday630 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 pm

so, it was raining today and I had to pick up my grandson. After searching frantically for umbrellas, I finally found 2 of them. so, after driving to the school, I was able to use my umbrella. but, for some reason I couldn't get the other umbrella opened up and I had to ask the teacher. well, after that whole fiasco, when I got to the car, I couldn't get the umbrellas down. I debated about if I would look more stupid putting them in the car open or if I should spend more time trying to figure out how to get them down. so, I decided to try to get them down. It took me about 5 minutes with at least 20 cars looking at me. Me and mechanical things do not get along.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Re: i am so dumb

Post by Val » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:43 am

Guess you got more drenched in the time it took you to drop the umbrellas than if you had both just sprinted to the car!! :D
So funny mbday!!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:10 pm

mbday, if that makes you dumb, then let me join your club! I do NOT get along with umbrellas, no matter how simple they are. I just don't use them any more... getting wet is way less aggravating!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Stella » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 am

Bet the rain felt good, with this heat wave going on.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:02 am

I usually don't have trouble with umbrellas, except for one with an automatic button. It nearly took off my glasses when I hit the button too soon, and later I couldn't get it to close because I didn't realize the button would collapse it for me. However, I used to lose umbrellas all the time - once in a phone booth, once on a bus, and a couple of times under my seat at the movies - but now I have a 6" Totes mini that I carry in my purse all the time. :toothy2:
Sorry, Santa! I meant to behave, but there were too many options.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 am

LadyK I did laugh out loud thinking of the umbrella smacking you in the face. I have seen that happen - or did it happen to me? dunno. but, funny story. It used to be that umbrellas were pretty universal - push the pin in and viola! open. but, it seems like they have gotten more advanced and too confusing for my feeble brain.