nasty little buggers

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

nasty little buggers

Post by mbday630 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:27 pm

so, I had seen that there were flies or some bees getting into a space by my back steps that I let the dogs in and out. I really didn't think much about that (my bad) and the other day my dogs were trying to get back into the house and there was a swarm - a literal swarm! of bees on my back screen door. I hurriedly tried to get the dogs in and I could tell they were afraid and I could tell that some of them were stung and hurting. one of the bees stung me in my knee too and it hurt like the dickens. They were ground bees and had build a nest next to my steps going to my patio. they are nasty buggers. the sting still hurts me after 2 days. My poor dogs. they wanted to come into the house but were so afraid and scared. It was a nightmare. so, if you see those nasty buggers, kill them right away. they are terrible!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Re: nasty little buggers

Post by draclvr » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Oh, they are awful! And if they decide they are going to sting you, they WILL follow you until they get you. Are you sure they were bees? Usually those nasty little things are ground wasps. But I think your area of the country has ground bees. Time to call an exterminator!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by StarLite » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:16 am

Definitely get rid of them as fast as you can. Poor doggies, I hope they weren't too traumatized. Once something like that happens to them they might be afraid to go near that area again. I hope you get rid of soon
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Stella » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:20 am

UGH! Those things are so bad! They can sting more than once too! We had some come down our chimney, and chewed through the drywall, making a nest in the living room wall. After we killed them, we found a HUGE nest. It was soooo gross. :shock:

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Poor doggies and poor you - I got stung on my breast by some wasps in Kenya when I happened to walk into a nest that was hanging from a tree. We didnt have wasps or ants on Sanday, but here in the Scottish Highlands, we have the dreaded midges. Normally there are two hatchings a year, but this year the conditions were so good for them, that they have just head a third hatching - nasty little buggers - many times this month my poor fencing man had to give up because he was beseiged by thousands of the little blighters!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:43 pm

And aren't they little blood suckers, Rosaboobie?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm

I go out in the field some mornings early to do some chores or to burn rubbish, and I am forced to come back in pronto, cos I end up covered in them!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!