My Summer has simply flown by!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Re: My Summer has simply flown by!

Post by Rosaboobie » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:09 pm

I am guessing it was games like Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight, Leisure Suit Larry - -but I am rather guessing as it WAS a long time ago.

I do remember buying the first Broken Sword game and spending a whole weekend playing it, and just awestruck over how you could control this game, as I had never seen anything like this before. And then I played Tomb Raider which to me was so advnaced for its time, and then of course there was Myst and Monkey Island. Then I played Rama but, although it was a great game, it was far too difficult for a novice. Veryy fond memories of all these games. And of course in those days there were NO walkthroughs of hints - you just HAD to work it all out for yourself.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Some people were remembering at GB how you could use the phone to get hints, but you had to pay for it!

Some of those excellent old games such as Gabriel Knight are now available as downloads from the GOG website. They have been tweaked to run on modern computers.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Yes, you could ring up and find hints about the game, but in the UK these were premium rate calls and very expensive - I only ever rang just the once when I had been stuck for weeks on a game!

I still have all my old games - a whole suitcase of them - they have travelled from Jersey to Kenya, to Orkney and now here - and I doubt I will ever play them again, but I just cant bear to get rid of them!
Boobie

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:58 pm

I have quite a few I'll probably never play again. But I have them on shelves above my computer and still like to look at them!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by StarLite » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:19 am

OUCH! Now that's a big house. Is it a semi. Hope the babies enjoy it :)
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:02 am

Starlite, I actually thought of you when RB bought it. It's in the blissfully silent country with cows for neighbors!

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 am

I have just come back from the local shop, just a mile or so away, and its a beautiful beautiful sunny day and as I drive through never-ending green fields and moorland, interspersed with gorse and heather and cattle,, I feel truly blessed to be living here!
Boobie

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 am

Sounds absolutely heavenly! And then you get to come home to your equally beautiful home! Did your guy get all the furniture put together and all your pictures on the walls?

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Baby Murdo.JPG
The DIY man and I worked alongside together all day Thursday and yesterday, and he achieved such a lot, and yes, all the paiintings and prints are all now on the wall, as well as the wall rug hangings I bought in Mombasa many years ago and which had been stored under my bed for 7 years! All I am waiting for now are the two tv units which should be here on Wednesday, and then that's me finished with all the shopping. A ride-on mower came with the house, and after I sold it recently, the money more than covered the cost of furnishing the two larger guest bedrooms. Just a few tweaks to make, and then I will be ready to show you some photos - at long last lol!

Just thought I would show you a photo of one of my new neighbours - the baby is called Murdo, and such a woolly cutie!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Oh, what an adorable wooly love! What do the dogs think of the neighbors?

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:01 am

That calf is so cute. You have a lot of good interesting things to look at around your place. You will never be bored, for sure. how do your dogs enjoy those animals?

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:11 am

Maloo, I am glad to say, is terrified of all cattle. Benji, on the other hand, is more than willing to take this Big Daddy on. So if the Highland Cows are close to my fence, Benji is NOT allowed out, as he has been known to make cattle stampede before, and I dont fancy this big boy trampling down my fence and rampaging around my garden lol!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boobie

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:19 am

Oh, my! I'm just picturing this big boy tearing up your fence! A friend of mine has some highland cattle and they are as docile as kittens.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:18 pm

So, RB is having problems posting this picture to show you Benji and his OTHER cow! I LOVE this footstool!

"Yes, normally they are extremely docile, but maybe not when some manic JRT is goading them lol!

This is the only Highland Cow that Benji is allowed to be close to!"

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:55 pm

That's so funny! Benji looks disappointed that the footstool isn't a bigger challenge for him.
Sorry, Santa! I meant to behave, but there were too many options.