Air Fryer's

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Air Fryer's

Post by Stella » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:23 pm

I got one! :cheers: They're still on sale at Wal-Mart, got the larger size, and bought the spray olive oil to use with it. Todays dinner will be those pork chops JKErir and I dreamed of. :D Back this evening for my diners review. :eat

ps. also bought onion rings, french fries, fish, and chicken. :oops:

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Can't wait to hear how they turn out, Stella!

And just FYI, the olive oil sprayers we were talking about are a pump bottle that you pour your own olive oil into and then pump up before use. Supposedly it's the propellants in the pressure cans than can cause problems.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Stella » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:42 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

The grouch on the couch said, those chops were very good. He also said he thought they were better than oven baked chops. Son said, those were good! Grandson said, I love everything you cook for me. :love7:

Tomorrow chicken. :eat

I was looking for that pump bottle, but couldn't find it anywhere. I ask a sales lady and she directed me to the spray kind. So I just thought I was having another senior moment, bought the spray kind, and got out of there before I embarrassed myself further!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:19 pm

I was finally able to find mine on Amazon. Wal Mart was clueless when I asked!

There are cheaper ones, but when I was reading reviews, some of them would get clogged. I've been using this one for over six months and no clogging! And I never have to buy another spray can again, so I figure eventually it will pay for itself. I'm going more and more to glass and refills for stuff too to at least TRY to reduce my trash footprint! It's hard out here in the country where we don't have recycling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q ... UTF8&psc=1
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 am

Good for you, Stella! Sounds like a success! As to the olive oil sprayer, the one I got is a Misto sprayer. I found it at Walmart after first doing a search on the website, saw they had them in stock at my store. Found it in the housewares "gadget" aisle. They also carry them at Target.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:49 am

Way to go Stella! The way to a man's heart ... :)

StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by StarLite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:03 am

So how goes it on the air fryer front. I have a pork chop marinade which is pretty good Stella if you want to give it a go. It's best marinaded early in the morning, if you do it overnight, the pork chop will be dry. We use it all the time, especially when we bbq our pork chops. Since it's snowing now we'll be using the fryer a lot this winter. We did a steak last week in it and this steak was only fit to sole a shoe. Hubby marinaded it in a packaged marinade and left it on the country from 7am till 3:30 and I couldn't believe it. It fell apart when I picked it up with the tongs. Here's the recipe for the pork chops, and happy frying

PORK CHOP MARINADE
------------------
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
black pepper to taste
2 pork chops

Pour over chops and place in fridge till needed
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:13 pm

StarLite, that marinate sounds heavenly. I added it to my recipes!