This might amuse

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

This might amuse

Post by Kickaha » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:50 pm

My wife and I have a collection of soft toys (putting it like that makes me feel stupid). We also have visited a number of places round the world, not as many as some. I have added to my personal website a kind of soft toy travelogue athttps://www.alofmethbin.com/Games/ToyTrips/index.html .

I intend doing another version of this for a particular purpose, but wanted to save this version for more general viewing. Sorry some of the references will be a bit obscure.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Re: This might amuse

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 am

That was such fun to read, Kickaha, and the soft toy who said that thinking is over-rated made me laugh. Also, there's no need to feel stupid about having soft toys (or stuffed animals, as we call them in the US). I have 4 big bins of Teddy bears and rabbits that I have to rotate with the seasons. If I put them all out at once, there would be no place to sit or sleep. I do have a few I keep out all year round. One is a tiny soft polar bear named Berg who sits on the shelf next to my reading chair, and sweet CB {Cuddly Bunny) who sits on the back of the couch with the Tickle Me Elmo my sister gave me last year.
Sorry, Santa! I meant to behave, but there were too many options.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Hubby bought some puppets that do the shark song (I never knew what that was, but, I guess it is the hot new song for kids) and we had a family party last night and the kids were fighting over those puppets. Even the 12 year old wanted one. so, we are into soft toys too.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:49 pm

Berg is a good name for a polar bear Lady K! Thanks for looking.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the read, Kickaha! Love your sense of humour and love of 'cuddlies'. I have, apart from a few others, a Christmas polar bear and his mate the Christmas penguin who come out each Christmas to sit under my tree. :)

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:20 am

My granddaughter SOMEWHERE in the midst of her stuffed animals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks for looking Val! That’s a serious lot of stuffed animals there Draclvr!