'Tis the Season!

Comments or questions, advertise your site, or just general talk.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

'Tis the Season!

Post by draclvr » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:03 pm

I know I post this every year, but just sat down with a nice cocktail - a glass of red to be specific!

I think this is my 5th year cooking for the volunteer appreciation brunch at Longmeadow Rescue Ranch which is tomorrow.Two Cracker Barrel Hash Brown casseroles – together and in the fridge; two Ham, Bacon, Bagel and Egg casseroles – together and in the fridge; two Pecan Praline French Toast casseroles together and in the fridge; 4 ½ dozen eggs beaten and in a gallon milk jug (thank you, stand mixer!) and in the fridge. Made the sausage gravy yesterday, the cinnamon red hot spiced apples are in the crock pot and am about half way through 7 ½ pounds of bacon in the oven which just involves a lot of sitting and waiting! Will stop at the grocery store when we go in town tonight and pick up a small fruit tray so it’s fresh for tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning is just baking stuff… I do the scrambled eggs in the microwave. Luckily they changed it to a brunch a couple of years ago. I told them with just two ovens, it was just too hard to have everything ready by 9:00. So they are having the first planning meeting for Spring Fling first and brunch at 10:30. Perfect! Dave keeps everything super hot in coolers.

Got this down to a science!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Re: 'Tis the Season!

Post by Kickaha » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:23 pm

You’re being productive Draclvr! And very busy! Glass of red much deserved!

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Wow you have been busy Drac! And hopefully, as I write this, sleeping soundly and will be raring to go in the morning.
Trust all goes well. It can't fail though with all that delicious food. Yum!

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:24 pm

I hope all went well with the brunch today, Drac, and that you'll soon get a chance to put your feet up and have another glass of wine (or two) tonight.
There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want. -Bill Watterson

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Another success, got the kitchen cleaned up and the last load in the dishwasher. I think I need a nap. Believe it's going to be spaghetti tonight! I think I'm done cooking for a few days.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

StarLite
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by StarLite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:14 am

Geez, I wish I had your energy. I'd love to be able to be that busy. Maybe once we get out in the country. I got a new back brace which helps a lot. Last night I was so sick of sitting in the house I went out and shoveled the deck and driveway. I love keeping busy when I can. I'm looking at hobbies I'd like to do when we move. We're close to getting there, we just need to get the painting, carpet, bathtub and banister done. Then we have to wait and see what I'm going to get for my old age pension before we start looking. This is the one time I wish my birthday came in January. Well I'm off to post my Christmas. Take care for now :santa:
Be thankful for the dawn of the coming day - Lisle Engle

StarLite Moon's Creators Haven
http://starlite-moon.freeforums.net/

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:03 am

It's just as well you love cooking, Drac - I hope everything went well on the day!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!