Xing

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Xing

Postby Caroline » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:01 am

Just released yesterday onto Steam, this is a lovely game. It's quiet and quite calming to wander around this paradise looking for bits and pieces to solve the puzzles. My pc took all day to download as my second hard drive kept "disappearing". The wait was worth it. It's had me spellbound for 3 hours.

Anyone else planning to play this?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Xing

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:35 am

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Caroline! I've been waiting for someone to give some feedback on this one. I also just purchased from Steam and will download later today. Just recently I got a huge boost in my wireless broadband and can actually download games like this is less than a couple of days! Not bad for living out in the country!.

For anyone else interested in this game which was just released yesterday, September 21st, here is the Steam link...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29940 ... nd_Beyond/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 am

I backed this on Kickstarter a long time ago - looking forward to playing it when I have time! I do love a good Mystlike.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Oh i love a good Mystlike too, Phlebas!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Just spent about 45 minutes in the game... Wonderful and just what I needed as I'm sort of in-between games right now. So excited that what would have taken at least 20 - 24 hours to download just took less than an hour! Heaven bless my little local ISP!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm

You are indeed blessed with your new download speeds!
Boobie
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 am

Time seems to vanish when I sit to play this game. For the second night I've sat, totally engrossed, not movoing for three hours. I'm still nowhere near through the first doorway. The scenery is fabulous. I feel like I'm in a posh resort with all these palm trees. The puzzles are just the level I like but there was an unexpected twist in one which had me stuck on and off all day. I went looking for hints, found none, tried again and then, thought outside the box. Made me laugh. I'm learning not to take this game for granted. Top marks to the developer for anticipating how we gamers wouldn't expect the unexpected. I'm currently stuck again. :) I think we're all going to love this game.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:31 pm

I couldn't agree more! I've only spent about an hour in it, but wow, just wow! I'm so glad you mentioned it...
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Looking at the specs, I'm not sure my current Asus laptop as the graphics horsepower to play this game. I've got soooooo many unplayed games, though, I don't need to be buying anything new. The only games I have time to play these days are Big Fish games anyway. Sounds and looks like a beaut though!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Yes, it definitely needs some pretty good graphics horsepower. And if your ASUS has integrated graphics, then it definitely won't play.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby JKEerie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:22 pm

My Asus has a mobility radeon card, Drac, with only 1GB DDR.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Nope... won't work then! Too bad, because this is a really good one. Oh, well. Like you say you have plenty of unplayed games to keep you busy!

OMG! The clock hands puzzle is making me crazy! Gaaaaa....!!!
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:19 am

Yep. But when you get it, it works. LOL Not that I've solved this area. Just that I've figured out how the clock works. Still can't get the door open though. How did you go with the fish? I was stacking up coconuts across the stepping stones and transporting them over. I can't believe I was so dumb on that one.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 am

If you mean the fish with the big mouths, there was a clue in a nearby pedestal. I understand how the clock works, but it's STILL driving me mad! I finally got to the door, but I still have to find out where to get the piece so the door will open.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 pm

I have just downloaded this game also - but not started it yet.
Boobie

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”