Xing

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Xing

Postby draclvr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Yay! Made it out of Iztali and am now in Nehele Rain. Finally beat that clock hands puzzle! That was a twister...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Hope you have pen and paper handy cos the puzzles take a step up in complexity. Yes, I've been stuck since yesterday.....
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Figured out the first two "bouncy" puzzles although ***** for one of them in the second one eluded me for a long time. This third one is making my eyes cross!

Curses, our spoiler tags aren't working. I remember LadyK told me this.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:31 am

Imagine my horror when I started my Xing game this morning to play for about half an hour while my latest batch of bloody Mary mix is simmering to find all my saves GONE! What the he!!... I was right at the end of the Nehele Rain chapter.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 pm

That's a bummer, Drac! This looks like a game I'd love to play, but it's Windows only.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:57 pm

I've thought of you several times while playing it, LadyK! You would definitely love it.

I can finally copy and paste from Steam... from the developer.

"I'm deeply embarrassed by the trouble I've caused you who have lost your save files. The newest build (3635) contains the fixes from 3633 and a debug menu you can use to recreate your save file.

Ultimately it is your decision on whether to start a new game from scratch or with our tool, but for those who would like to get back into the game relatively close to where they left off here are the instructions:

First, create a new save file, and wait for the opening sequence to play out. Once you have control, open the menu with esc or "p". Once it opens, press "9". Close the menu with escape or "p". Finally, open the menu again. A new button titled "debug" should be available. In it, there is a button titled "Edit Save". Clicking on one of the "beat" buttons will update your save - for example if you want to recreate a save file that had beaten the rainforest level click on both the beach and rainfroest buttons. After that, restart the level with the button found in the debug menu. You'll find yourself back in Zeneth - you'll need to place the talisman back into the pool. After throwing one in the vortex may spawn another. Make sure you throw all of them in before talking to the guardian.

I apologize again for the trouble I've caused you by this mixup. Please reach out to us via info@xingthegame.com as we would like to make it up to you all personally. "
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 am

Sounds like a nasty bug (though I guess it's not that uncommon for a game patch to break previous saves) but a very positive response from the developer! Let us know what they do to make it up to you :)
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 am

Hmm.. is this going to happen to me as well? I'm still running scared of the bouncy puzzle.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:10 am

The last bouncy puzzle was a doozy! If you have gotten all the patches from the developer through Steam, the last one fixed the saved games bug. It was the second one that broke it.

Phlebas, the developer offered to make it right if people would PM him. I don't want anything from him now that the game is fixed because it is just a brilliant game.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 am

So, Drac - did you have to reply the whole game again??
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 am

No... they added a debug feature to the menu and since I was in the last scene of the second chapter, I was able to click the first and second chapters and mark them as completed. Then I just started on the third chapter which is about a girl and her dog.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 am

My version is working perfectly and I'm now in the third world and totally in love with the ambience. Just so, so pretty, I want to walk into the screen. I love the snow.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 am

I am also just loving the third realm. Since I was one of those affected by the patch that broke saves, I read all of the details of the previous patches and it seems a lot of them have to do with the VR (virtual reality for those of you who aren't sure!) aspect of this game. Can you imagine playing it using VR! It actually WOULD be like being in the screen. I've spent hours trying to figure out the moving pillars once I got the basin in front of the temple drained. But that's OK because I don't want to leave this realm!
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Glad there’s a new real Adventure out there! And that you’ve got your download speed up Draclvr. Sadly this isn’t available on Macs as far as I can see from the Steam page . . .
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:16 pm

No, it isn't and more's the pity. The developer seems to have devoted much of the resources he had to including the option for VR. Maybe he will get additional resources to port to Mac too. It's a shame you have to miss out though... the game is just brilliant.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”