Xing

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Re: Xing

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:27 am

I don't even want to walk fast in this world. I am loving the scenery, the music and the total feeling of peace. I've had to tear myself away and get my chores done before I find I've spent the whole afternoon entranced.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 am

And, dangit, I finally got through the last puzzle - that was another doozy! I just walked around some more because I hated to leave!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:28 pm

For three nights I have gone to bed bamboozled by the last puzzle in the third world. I must be over-thinking it but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I am soooo tempted to look for a walkthrough but I'd prefer a hint instead.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:46 pm

I'll have to refresh my memory... This is the one in the now empty basin in front of the temple, right? I remember thinking when I happened to beat it that I would never remember and be able to do it twice! If that's the puzzle, let me know.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Yep, that's the one. I've sent you a pm so as not to spoil the fun for others.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Yes, especially since our spoiler tags aren't working. Not sure how much help I'll be, but I'll give it a shot!

If it's any consolation, I was right at 3 days working on this one on and off before I stumbled on the solution. Not sure if I could do it again though!
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks draclvr. You're right - too complicated for mere words. I gave in and looked at the walkthrough. First though, I went back and replayed that entire level to get the glyphs I'd missed. Then I put my pieces where I thought they should go and then, I cheated. I almost had it right but I don't think I'd have found that for another week or so as I just wasn't seeing it right. So now onward and this new world is intriguing but it'll take me some time as I've already fallen off the cliff several times (okay, I jumped to explore). :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 pm

You are completely describing my experience in the third Realm... I just happened to find it and don't thing I could have done it again. I've already use a walk through on the next realm and don't even feel guilty!
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 am

The desert of Naar reminds me more of Arizona than Egypt. Thought I'd never master my fear of heights and make it to the fort. Very satisfying even if I did get them right by accident. :D Devilish game.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:07 am

Devilish - excellent description!
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Lady Kestrel, I'm sorry to tell you that I asked the Xing people about a mac version and they said not in the foreseeable future. Can you not borrow a windows machine? This really is a lovely game.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”