Myst Online Uru Live

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
dorienne
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Myst Online Uru Live

Postby dorienne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:23 pm

For those of you who remember this online game, this is to let you know that it is still around and still quite active. And it is free to play. You can register to play here: http://mystonline.com/en/ While the forums there are still active, I tried registering for an account but never received a confirmation email so I guess it is a read only for us new players. However you can still search them to find answers for almost any game problem you may have.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Myst Online Uru Live

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:13 pm

Thank you for the info, Dorienne. I moved your misplaced post here but then realized you had reposted it, so I just deleted the other one.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
Caroline
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Caroline » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 pm

I registered for the beta version of this game only to find my internet in Oz wasn't good enough. Years later, 2010, when it was relaunched for free, I was delighted to discover that my earlier registration was still current and I am Caroline there as well. There are a couple of puzzles that require a companion's assistance - just ask anyone to help. But if anyone gets up a group to play, please let me know. Our time zones are different but I'd happily join in. It's a good space to play in and the shards add extra dimensions and fun to it.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Thank you so much, dorienne! I didn't realize this was still active.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
dorienne
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby dorienne » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 pm

It was inactive for a few years after a server crash. It was't until July of this year that they restored it and re-opened registration. And if you do register you will need a cell phone as they will text you a confirmation number. And I will say the graphics have stood the test of time. They still look pretty good considering their age.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:48 am

I remember when it was inactive and there were many people just lost. I think it was UruKat over at GB who said what had happened. Very glad to here they have it back up and running.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 am

Thank you for letting us know, dorienne!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”