A ghost game with a little ball of light?

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

A ghost game with a little ball of light?

Postby skeeter » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 am

Does anyone know the name of a ghost game featuring a glowing ball of light? I think I saw an article about it last year. At the moment I am using a slate (computer stopped working months ago), and have found few of my games will run on it. I need smaller lighter games, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful. Even the newer casual games lag on it. I need to spend more time resting due to health reasons, and I'm getting bored. So if anyone knows that game title, or can suggest some others, I'll be happy!

The Nancy Drews run okay on it, Runaway 2 had a small lag, but is unplayble now I've reached the snow scenes, BTTF is too laggy, Strong Bad worked but I am finding it unamusing this time.
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Re: A ghost game with a little ball of light?

Postby Phlebas » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 am

Would it be Goetia?

Sorry you didn't enjoy Strong Bad this time - I loved it but I guess you might have to be in the right mood for it a bit.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:56 am

Sorry skeeter - cannot think of anything. But a game I played recently was fabulous and totally different to anything I have played before. Best of all it was playable on my slightly old pc. It is called Gorogoa. Well worth getting!! Yes I also have had to scrap any idea of playing some of the bigger, later games due to my limited pc capacity. But there are always little gems around!! :)
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 pm

As Phlebas mentioned, Goetia is a ghost game with a glowing ball of light. Great, but tricky little game.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 am

The Leaves games are quite fun. There should be a post about them in this section.
Into each life some rain must fall, but this is getting ridiculous!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 am

The leaves games are both excellent and there are posts for each of them if you scroll down in this section.

What kind of tablet do you have? That might help us figure out what it is capable of playing.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 am

Yes, it was Goatia! I must've read that adventure gamers review, because it's exactly what I remember. Thanks for the other suggestions, they look great :) Umm, it's my dad's slate I am borrowing, so not 100% sure. It can run two ways, apps like a tablet, and also just like a computer. It has Win10pro on it. The settings say it has an intel core i5 cpu and 4gb ram. I only have about 10gb space, but I use an external storage drive so that's okay. I'm thinking I might try some older games, as they won't need as much running power.
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:25 am

The video card is going to be your limiting factor and I'm going to assume this one uses the video chip that is integrated into the core i5 processor. You should be able to play quite a few games with it, but definitely not any of the newer games which require a stand alone video card.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks Drac... I am not good with checking games specs. I'm so out of the loop with games, I've barely played any for ages. Usually I look here and Adventure Gamers for suggestions.
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”