What adventure game are you playing?

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

What adventure game are you playing?

Postby skeeter » Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 am

Is it just me or do posts not go back as far as they used to? Anyway, I've lost this post again, and I always enjoy it so I made it again.

What adventure game are you playing? Post and let us know!

I have just started Midnight Quest. The graphics are nice, but I struggled a little at first with the lack of direction. But now I am into the swing of it. I just wish the cursor changed to indicate objects, I hate clicking all over the background. Before this I finished replaying Nancy Drew Sea of Darkness.
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: What adventure game are you playing?

Postby Val » Thu May 24, 2018 12:57 am

Playing Lisssn at the moment. Really enjoying it but have to concentrate and Listen!! :) Thank goodness they included a compass in the inventory as I would still be going around in circles. :)
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Thu May 24, 2018 10:12 am

Ghostlady has the board set to automatically "prune" some forums after a period of time. We had asked her to make an exception for some of them. She doesn't come here very often any more. LadyK and I keep the place running.

Not playing any adventure games at the moment. I have so much work to do outside there just isn't time! The most recent game from Aminita Games - Chuchel - is fun, but I just don't like it as much as the Botanicula games or Machinarium.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu May 24, 2018 11:10 am

I'll make this one a sticky thread so it won't disappear.

Right now I'm playing Technobabylon on my iPad. It took me a while to get used to tapping and finger dragging because I'm so used to a mouse, but I've got the hang of it now and am really enjoying the game. The graphics are a bit retro, but the story and puzzles are good so far as is the voice acting.
Cure procrastination. Just don’t do it.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

Sounds good, Val. Is it complicated? I am not good with free ranging and complicated...

Drac, that makes sense. I haven't tried Chuchel, but I did like Machinarium. I have quite a bit of enforced free time at the moment, so playing a bit. But nothing is really grabbing me the way they used to though. It's probably because I am still playing smaller games on the slate - I can't wait to get my computer working.

Lady K, thanks fr that. I enjoyed Technobabylon quite a bit. I still used a mouse though. I often consider using the touch screen, but couldn't work out how to mouse over to find hotspots...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 am

To find the hotspots on the touch screen, just hold your finger against the screen for a second.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Sat May 26, 2018 11:39 pm

it seems so... I don't know, not as natural as using the mouse? I guess you get used to it? Though now I think about it, I used to play a lot of DS games which would have been the same, and it must not have bothered me...
— Terry Pratchett
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Sun May 27, 2018 6:55 am

Hi Skeeter - not that complicated. Lisssn needs speakers up - graphics are fine and I find the progress great. Have been stumped only a few times so far and then I resort to a walkthrough. Very Myst-like. Also playing a superb little free adventure game app on my tablet called "Monument Valley'". Beautiful graphics and haunting music - very clever.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sun May 27, 2018 4:10 pm

I’m still replaying “Keepsake” - slightly prone to freezing on my Mac every 20 minutes or so which is irritating, but apart from that enjoying it.
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Just finished Midnight Quest, it was good but I found I was frustrated easily because of a lack of guidance. I like the games where you have to find something specific, to give to someone so they'll give you something else :lol: Starting Unforeseen Incidents next...
— Terry Pratchett
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:04 am

I paid for Unforseen Incidents but don't want to start it until I finish Technobabylon. Between the tourney and appointments for my sister and myself, I probably won't get very far until next month.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 pm

I almost started a new topic but then saw this thread. As there haven’t been any recent posts I thought I would make one today!

Currently playing “Thimbleweed Park” which is fun, but like so many things I do it makes me feel stupid as I’ve had to find help more than once so far!
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:20 pm

I'm playing A Rite From the Stars. Kind of stuck trying to get past a beast in some caves right now... you have to tiptoe in his lair and NOT be moving if he wakes or he spews out flames! Just when I think I've got it, he catches me!

I tried playing Yeli Orog which was posted here recently by the developer. He sent me a key so I could do a review. But I had to tell him I can't play it because it doesn't have any kind of save system. The game is not long - like maybe 3 hours, but I simply don't have 3 hour stretches to play a game. It just got too frustrating to have to start over from the beginning each time.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Postby Val » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 am

Just finished Varenjee. Just loved this little game - great fun!!
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:15 am

Just started Profound Red(Carol Reed) I've played 6 of his games.. so far I've enjoyed them all.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”