What adventure game are you playing?

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: What adventure game are you playing?

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

I just finished Tormentum: Dark Sorrow by Oh Noo games for the second time, and I recommend it. The art is dark and disturbing, and the choices you make affect the ending. There's only written dialogue with the strange characters you meet, but the puzzles are well designed and integrated into the environments. As you gather clues, they're written in your notes automatically. The ending took me by surprise, but because I had missed doing something a certain way, I did not get the best ending the first time. I was successful the second time.
Cure procrastination. Just don’t do it.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 pm

I forgot to mention Tormentum: Dark Sorrow as I played it a few months ago. I really liked it too and need to play it again to see what the ending is if I make different choices.

I should also mention Oxenfree. It was one I got during as a free download and I really liked it. It is about a group of teenagers who go on an adventure and the snarky and funny dialogue is great. This is also one where the choices you make affect the ending. It's a little supernatural and a little horror, but very fun.

http://nightschoolstudio.com/oxenfree/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 am

I am playing Shivers for the first time in the community playthrough over at Adventure Gamers. I have a boxed copy, and it runs like a charm in ScummVM on my iMac. I'm enjoying the puzzles, and the dated graphics don't bother me at all. I also found an Easter egg in the game that the other players hadn't found before, which made my day! :D
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm also playing the GOG download of Shivers. What an absolute treat... just the sound effects and the voice in the beginning just make me smile! The dated graphics just feel sort of like "home" in this game. Just loving being able to play it on my Windows 10 computer.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 pm

I haven't been playing any computer games for quite a long time (not even Diablo II: Lord of Destruction!). But occasionally, I will build a puzzle on my computer using Peter's Jigsaws or Jigsaws Galore, or sometimes online at jigidi.com or TheJigsawPuzzles.com.

Maybe I will soon, though. You all have reminded me how much fun it can be. :)
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Yes, Peter started offering his puzzles and program for free. There are a lot of good ones out there right now, Jude!
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Jude » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 pm

I've had Peter's Jigsaws since he asked for Mac playtesters long ago and gave me a copy in exchange. :) There are many interesting puzzles to build (and more added every month).
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 pm

Your post reminded me of Peter's games, which I'd never played. I downloaded Xiama revisited and am now unfortunately stuck in the cave trying to figure out the stairs. Does anyone remember this?
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:34 pm

I've only played Peter's Magnetic, JK. He uses many traditional puzzles but in clever (and often mind-challenging) ways.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:59 pm

It's just been too many years since I played Xiama!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Well...as it turns out. Peter's revise website has a means to contact him. He and I have been emailing back and forth on a couple puzzles where I got stuck. I figured out the one, but he helped me get out of the cave. I've now fallen off a cliff and am trying to phone for help with the meaning of "Xiama."
I've been playing this game since around 1 pm! It's lovely and addicting. I just have the final puzzle to complete...but corresponding with Peter has been a delight!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:23 pm

Peter is indeed just a delightful human being!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:29 am

He is indeed! Xiama - a game I enjoyed very much.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 am

I fired up Rumu last night. I did a quick play of it when I first got it about 6 months ago, but it's still on my desktop and I'm going to give it another play. Rumu is s little robot vacuum who wakes up in a deserted house with only the AI smart home assistant Sabrina as a companion. There is quite a mystery about what happened to Rumu's humans, David and Cecily. While he wanders around cleaning up messes, he must solve the mystery. VERY fun little game!
Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul
Zodiac: Pisces

Postby Val » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:41 am

I loved it!!

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”