What adventure game are you playing?

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Re: What adventure game are you playing?

Post by draclvr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:48 pm

This one made me laugh several times! Think I'll get some of the Bloody Mary mix I made last summer out of the basement!

Bloody Marys
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Just don't get into an airplane!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 pm

I decided to play Murder in the Abbey instead of Art of Murder. The beginning of Art of Murder was so depressing I decided to play something a bit less realistic. I'm playing on my Windows 10 machine. It loaded up and launched beautifully. Since my laptop is widescreen, the game automatically adjusts the screen size to maintain the aspect ratio. So far I'm enjoying the game. The voice acting is quite good.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:46 pm

Yeah, just not the time for something depressing!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 am

Playing Tsioque - rather nice with good graphics, funny and completely right for the occasion at this time of isolation!!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:49 pm

I finished Murder in the Abbey. I've got my Pandora's Box to work on Windows 10, but I've also just loaded up "The Book of Unwritten Tales." It plays well as long as you have the DVD in the drive. I tried to launch it without the DVD, and got a message about Securom and needing the DVD in the drive. I simply loaded the DVD and launched the game without issue. I was a bit concerned seeing the Securom notification with what I had read about copy protection and Windows 10.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:29 pm

I think in this case the SecuRom is on the disk. Plus it is only certain types of DRM that Windows 10 blocks. I thought SecuRom was one, but don't remember. Yay, anyway!

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:48 pm

I’m going to have a blast from the past soon - I installed the Steam client into a Windows 10 VM running under Parallels on my Mac and bought for old times sakes “Zork Grand Inquisitor”. That it is playable at all I am impressed. This is one game I have very fond memories of.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Now THAT sounds like a good way to while away some time! I think that is one of LadyK's favorites too.

LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator

Post by LadyKestrel » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:18 pm

ZGI is definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's filled with my kind of humor and very fun to play.

Right now I'm playing Memoria, the sequel to Dark Eye: The Chains of Satanav. It's an engaging story with magical elements encorporated into some good puzzles. I haven't played the first game yet, but I plan to.
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Val
Galloping Ghoul
Galloping Ghoul

Post by Val » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:07 am

Funny - I have played ZGI as far as I can remember. Must look it up. At the moment I am playing Whispers of a Machine which I am enjoying. Murder/detective game set in the future.

Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Post by Kickaha » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:32 pm

At first replaying ZGI the window being so small was off-putting, but the more I play (and enjoy the banter of the game) the less it bothers me.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Can't remember what game it was, but I remember the same thing. After awhile, I hardly noticed it!

JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by JKEerie » Wed May 06, 2020 8:44 pm

I have been really enjoying "Book of Unwritten Tales." It's a fun game and it doesn't make you feel like a moron because the use of inventory is logical. Imagine that! I'm currently in Chapter 2. I'm loving the dialogue and the voice acting. Wilbur is so adorable. I love his Irish accent. It took me several tries to figure out you are only able to get two sure clues for the spinning wheel (to win the sack of gold) and the third is a 50/50 clue. Steam has the Book of Unwritten Tales 2 on sale this week. I think I'll grab it as it's a nice discount!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 pm

BOUT is one of my favorite games ever. I love the humor and like you say it's pretty intuitive. I can't remember for sure, but I think his voice actor is from Wales!

Although I also loved the second game, I didn't like it as much as the first. But it's well-worth a play for sure - especially at at discount!