Terror in the Atomic Desert - Puzzle/Adventure Game Based on 1950s/60s B-Movies

Talk about anything related to Adventure games. Upcoming releases, news, or just your opinion. What you liked or didn't like about the games you have played.
TensionSplice
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Terror in the Atomic Desert - Puzzle/Adventure Game Based on 1950s/60s B-Movies

Postby TensionSplice » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi All,

I'm a hobbyist game developer who is working on a first person puzzle/adventure game based on 1950s/60s B-Movies. I'm planning on releasing it in January 2019.

The game is inspired by "So Bad It's Bad" type movies such as Eegah, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Astro Zombies, etc...

I would be interested to hear any feedback or suggestions that people on this forum might have. Also, if anyone wants to try out a beta version let me know and I can send you a steam key.

Cinematic Trailer:
https://youtu.be/y8DwBAqxrWA

Some Gameplay Footage:
https://youtu.be/1jjcC-3cnSo

If you are interested, please check out my page on steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/955490/Terror_In_The_Atomic_Desert/.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Terror in the Atomic Desert - Puzzle/Adventure Game Based on 1950s/60s B-Movies

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Welcome, TensionSplice, and best of luck with your game development!
We lose ourselves in books and games. We find ourselves there, too.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Terror in the Atomic Desert - Puzzle/Adventure Game Based on 1950s/60s B-Movies

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm

How can anything presented in "Terroramavision" be bad! Welcome, TensionSplice and I'm going to go check out your links.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Kickaha » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Thanks for posting, and keep going there! I know how big a job it is developing a game.
TensionSplice
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby TensionSplice » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Bumping this thread because my game has finally been released :D

Making it was challenging but I am now satisfied that I have an entertaining product that I can stand behind. I think the most difficult part was making something that is entertaining yet also true to the dull and plodding atmosphere that was contained within many of the B-Movies which inspired this
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Thank you for let us know, TensionSplice! Sounds like a tricky balance to achieve...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Adventure Game Discussions”