Tana French

General discussions about anything and everything related to books and reading.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Tana French

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:37 am

I believe she may be my new favorite author. This is from her bio:

Tana French is an American-Irish author of mystery novels. (She) made her fiction debut with In the Woods in 2007. For that novel, she won the Edgar, Anthony, Macavity and Barry awards for best first novel.

I'm reading her fourth right now called Broken Harbor and it's a real treat - it's a murder mystery. I do believe I'm starting to speak with an Irish brogue though!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Tana French

Postby Jude » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Her books on are my mysteries wishlist at the library. I am taking a break from taking books out until after winter is over, because I don't want to have to try to walk to the library to return some books if it is icy.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Can't blame you there. I live way out in the country, so I've taken to "borrowing" books for my Kindle from the library. Works great! And you don't even need a Kindle to do it. Just install the free Kindle reader on your computer (Macs too, I think) and then sign up for the Kindle lending library at your library. Nearly every library has one now. You check them out to read on your computer for 2 weeks just like a paper book. I know it's not the same as turning those pages which I still love, but it beats driving in town!

EDIT: I checked and the Kindle reading app is available in the Mac App Store.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:56 pm

I might try that. I do have a Kindle reader on my Mac because I get the free book downloads from Amazon sometimes.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:01 pm

With the exception of books I really want like the Tana French books, almost all of mine are freebies. I subscribe to Book Bub which has a daily email with free and $.99 books. But the library is a great option too.

Return to “Book Discussions”