Books with remembering

General discussions about anything and everything related to books and reading.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Books with remembering

Post by mbday630 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:00 am

I was thinking this morning about how some of my kids don't know how to save money and spend like drunken sailors. Then I thought of the book The Good Earth and I remember that it was one of my favorite books of all time. Also, another book that has stuck with me is Lonesome Dove. Do any of you have books that you remember and relate to your life?

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Re: Books with remembering

Post by draclvr » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:16 pm

I am a constant reader. I read several hours each day in the evening after hubby goes to bed. I really liked Lonesome Dove too. I've read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy so many times I've lost count! Another series I really liked was "The Oldest Living Vampire." It delved into prehistoric humans and moved over tens of thousands of years to the present day. I've read all the Vampire books by Anne Rice too... some of them more than once! Of course, the schmaltzy True Blood books were high on my list! I also couldn't get enough of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter books. They are written by Laurell K. Hamilton who lives here in the St. Louis area. It was neat to be reading about driving down a dark country road I had just driven down that day at work!

I think I see a pattern here!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Post by Winfrey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:24 pm

The Oldest Living Vampire ...by Joseph Duncon?
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:28 pm

Yes, that's the one, Winfrey.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.