windows media player and mp4

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

windows media player and mp4

Postby mbday630 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:58 am

My daughter sends me videos of my grandson on facebook and all I can see is a black screen. I can see the initial picture, but it won't play the video. I downloaded the last video to my desktop and tried to open it using quick time and movie maker but still a black screen. I see that she videos using mp4 and I open with windows media player. Why can't I see the videos and what can I do so that I can? Thanks.
RCB
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Re: windows media player and mp4

Postby RCB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:58 pm

The software (power DVD) that came with my Win10 laptop for watching DVDs started to cause problems. I switched to a free program you can download VLC media player. Works great for me. Supports many video formats including MP4.
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 am

thank you so much RCB! I just downloaded it and voila! I could watch the video!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 am

Thank you, RCB! Exactly what I was going to suggest! I've been using VLC since Windows 8 as Microsoft no longer supported Windows Media Player after that.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Technical Help”