save games

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

save games

Postby shadowmoon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 pm

i just got a save game for nancy drew shadow at waters edge i did everything it said to do download attached file to desktop then open the My Documents folder then open The Shadow at Waters edge folder then take the downloaded file and place it in the opened shadow at water edge folder then close all the folders then open the game to play and got to to load game window load it and play............ now i did ALL of this except when i went to load the save it was not in the load game window........... i have check this over at least 10 times and i let the person know this what am i doing wrong can anyone help me sorry this is so long thanks
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: save games

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 am

It's not long at all, shadowmoon! I'd rather have plenty of information than not enough!

What I need to know is exactly what folder you placed the saved game into. You say you moved it to the Shadow at Water's Edge folder, but it may need to go into a sub-folder. When you open up the Shadow at Water's Edge folder, can you tell me all the files in there you see?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 am

hello draclvr and thank you: I when to My Documents then to Shadow at the Water's Edge folder this is what in the folder there are 17 game loads from top to bottom; 2, 2nd_Chance_Miwako_Caught, 2nd_Chance_Suki_Yowl, 3, Attic.hia, bathroom, big sudoko, cat stopped me, my name, name, nancys door, paper clipping pic, pic done, rectangle, Shadow, talked to guy, train ride
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:55 am

I'm sorry i forgot to put in the save game was between ( bathroom and big sudoko ) but after trying everything they told me to do i finally deleted the save game i then asked them to send me the save file again they sent it to me twice i have two emails with the file im afraid to put it in there again without help this was my first time using a save game file maybe thats why i messed it up lol any help would be appreciated thanks
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

OK... this helps a lot. Are you naming the games? What is the name of the save game file?

Also, is your game installed on your computer from a disk or is it a download?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:59 pm

its installed form a disk yes i am naming the games the games like (my name and name ) are the ones i tried to write nancys name the name of the save game file is 4 calligraphy done.HiSawSave
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm

The game might not be recognizing it because of the different naming it has using the HiSawSave extension.

I don't know what email program you use, but depending on what it is, you can try renaming the file. Since it is an email attachment, first you will have to save it or send to the desktop. Once it's there, right click the file and select rename. Just rename it without that .HiSawSave extension. THEN try putting it into tour Nancy Drew folder and see what happens.
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

ok will try i'll let you know what happens
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:40 pm

no it didnt work i did what you told me to do by renaming it and put it in the game file its in the game file but not in the load window i use yahoo email any other suggestions
shadowmoon
Recently Deceased
Recently Deceased

Postby shadowmoon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:59 pm

thank you very much for all the help, i had a young guy (high school age) lol do the puzzle for me and its done now i can move on in the game (younger steadier hand to the rescue) lol :)
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Good for your young friend! There must have been some incompatibility with the file because you were doing everything correctly. Ah, well... onward and have fun!
Ghostlady
Mistress of the Manor
Mistress of the Manor
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Ghostlady » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 am

I think there are some saved games for that game here at the Manor.
Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again...

Return to “Technical Help”