17 Signs Your Computer Might Have a Virus

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:48 am

Tons of good information here...

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
RaytheBear
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Re: 17 Signs Your Computer Might Have a Virus

Postby RaytheBear » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks for the excellent Link, a lot of stuff I was already aware of, but there are tons of other information that are very useful and have added these links to my Favorites, plus I sent your link to other members of my family and friends who are less computer savvy than myself, will be a very useful tool for them.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post this link.
Ray

PS: Did you post this link on the GB site?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:07 pm

No, I didn't. Running in town to serve sandwiches and a roasted vegetable beef barley soup I made over the last couple of days at the American Legion. Please feel free to post it over there!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 am

I wonder if my windows XP has a virus. It has been running really slow and so yesterday I tried twice to run my free malwarebytes and both times that I did that I got the blue screen of death. My spyware check doesn't do that and I always did an AVG virus check and that was okay.... just that malwarebytes caused it. Would that be a virus? the grandkids were playing lots of games on it this past week.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:19 am

It's hard telling, but I'd definitely be suspicious. Try running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 am

Good thinking, Drac. I hadn't thought of that and I just did that and there were 11 malware things on there. Something called funmoods or something I think is the problem. I'll see if I can get rid of that. good thing I only let the grandkids play with my old computer now.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:40 am

Funmoods is one of those things that probably came piggy backed on a download... it's a browser hijacker and a dreaded toolbar. If Malwarebytes doesn't get rid of it, the directions below should do it.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/funmoods-virus/

Return to “Technical Help”