Odd Problem

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Odd Problem

Postby Diat60 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:51 pm

My cousin in England is having an odd problem. Although his email program and Skype work fine, he can't get into Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google. Of course, not being able to get into these means he can't run MalwareBytes, etc. It's hard trying to suggest things to him as he's 80 plus and has only been into computers for the last year or two. Any thoughts?
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Odd Problem

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 pm

I assume you mean none of these web browsers will open for him? Does he get an error message? If he does, can you get me the exact wording of the error message?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:09 pm

I'll check with him, although he sometimes takes a couple of days to answer.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

In the meantime, you might tell him to run a full scan with his anti-virus software. This does sound like an infection.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Technical Help”