Steam Account

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Steam Account

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:58 am

I know that I have a Steam account but I cant get it to recognise any of my email addresses. When I try to ask for "lost login details", it seems there is a gremlin on this site. Does anyone know, if you dont use your Steam account for a long time, does it get deactivated? And if I create a new account, can I somehow retrieve my previously bought games?

Some time ago I purchased some games from Humble, and I have to use a Steam account to download and run these games. Obviously I have contacted Steam days ago, but I dont really expect a reply from them in the near future as they say they are inundated with emails just now.
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Steam Account

Postby Jude » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:27 am

I have one that I rarely use. I only have 2 games that use it, and I'm certain I hadn't played either for a year or so. But when I double-clicked the app for one of them just now (to test access for you), it remembered my username, took me to the Steam pop-up telling me I was set to play offline and did I want to change that, then it let me into the game.

Maybe you should just try starting the game as see if it automatically takes you to Steam?
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 am

LOL I have absolutely no idea what games I bought with Steam, and Humble wont let me download my newly purchased games until I have logged in to Steam - it's a vicious circle Jude!
Boobie
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:42 am

You may need to contact Steam for help...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:53 am

draclvr wrote:You may need to contact Steam for help...

Come on, Drac, keep up my friend - I already said I had LOL! :lol:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Sorry, was in a huge hurry this morning to pick up my granddaughter! Of course you contacted Steam!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:12 am

I was only joking with you, I knew you must have been in one heck of a hurry. So is your granddaughter staying with you for a while?
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:11 am

I just had her all day yesterday. Her mom had her annual Christmas lunch with her 4 sisters and her mom and my son was working over at their new house all day, so rather than her being bored in the empty new house while he worked, it just seemed like a good day for us to bake Christmas cookies! She's 8 years old, so the perfect age to love a day with Grandma!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 pm

I didnt realise your granddaughter lived close by. Hope you had a great day.
Boobie
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Is your Humble account linked to a particular Steam account? Humble is offering you Steam keys I assume? If they're games on Steam you wouldn't download them from Humble as I understand it.

Can you create a new Steam account and use that?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:23 pm

That's right - the Humble games are Steam keys and you have to download them from Steam. She is unable to access her old Steam account.
Jacq
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby Jacq » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 am

It doesn't really help with the Steam problem, but most games from Humble are drm free - meaning, you should be able to download and play them without going through Steam.

If you log into humble and go to the game link, are you given an option at the bottom to download the games? Here's an example screenshot from my account: http://i.imgur.com/wkEzP49.jpg

Most bundles shouldn't require Steam, but I think the exceptions are the publisher bundles (WB, Sega, etc).
I'm your only friend I'm not your only friend but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend...
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 am

All the bundles lately are only offered through Steam. But I suspect you are correct in the "specials" being offered are publisher bundles.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:25 am

Still waiting for Steam to get back to me - they say patience is a virtue - I just felt like playing some good old fashioned Adventure games over Christmas, something I have not done in a long time because of BFG!

By the way I took advantage of the Gamers Gate sale today and bought bundle games of all Phantasmagoria, Gabriel Knight, Leisure Suit Larry and Tex Murphy series - all these games for only £12. :cheers:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 pm

I think you should get out a good adventure game... Don't you have the first The Book of Unwritten Tales? The best one in a very, very long time.

Return to “Technical Help”