Adobe Acropro

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Adobe Acropro

Postby LadyKestrel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:38 pm

I have a charge on my credit card bill for Adobe Acropro Subs, and I have no idea what it's for. I tried contacting someone at Adobe, but there's a phone tree of options I don't need and no way to get a real person, and the website doesn't help either. I called my credit card company and told them the charge was suspicious, so they are holding payment of it. It's only $16.04, but I have no recollection of buying something from them. I'm wondering if I downloaded something by mistake.
There's no such thing as too many books!
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Adobe Acropro

Postby Diat60 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

I assume this is for Adobe Acrobat Pro subscription. On checking their site, Pro seems to be $14.99 a month with a commitment to a year. So it would seem that you need to be careful that they don't go on taking this out. Have you ever bought or tried out Adobe Pro for game making? Maybe stick to the phone tree of options again until you can speak to a human being. Don't you just hate this modern "convenience" of phone menus? I remember, showing my age here, when a real live operator would answer the phone and put you through to the right person or department. But, alas, now everything is new and improved.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Sounds like one of those "test charges" that credit card thieves make before they try to stick you with multiple huge charges. Have your credit card number changed.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

You can always try just pressing "0" on your phone. Sometimes that takes you to a human being right away. I'm kind of leaning towards middletoe's suggestion...

Your credit card may also be helpful in determining exactly where this charge originated.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:48 am

You can also ask your credit card company to put the charge in dispute while they investigate it. Let them know that you are worried that it might become recurring charge for something you didn't order.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:34 am

I think LadyK already did that, Jude. I hope she has also called them to investigate where the charge came from in detail.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 am

Oh, is that the same as "holding payment"?
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:58 am

On my credit card they've told me that holding the payment means I'm disputing that I owe it until I find out otherwise. Maybe other cards do it differently. And maybe there's another level you take it up to when you have decided that you do not owe the payment. Since LadyK wondered if she'd downloaded something by mistake, I assume she's not sure yet.
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:41 pm

The credit card companies are not always helpful in these cases. We had our card compromised and we knew it had to be one of three or four stores that we'd just shopped in. But when we asked the credit card company which of these stores the charge originated from, they wouldn't tell us, only that it had been compromised, citing privacy concerns. This just meant that there were some stores we wouldn't patronize again. So, LadyK may not be successful in finding out where the payment originated, if it's not legit.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Just last month hubby had his compromised and they told us exactly which town and which store down to the Wal Mart number it had been used at. In the past I had a couple of issues and they also told me exactly where the charges originated and in one case specifically what items had been purchased.

Probably depends on the credit card management company.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:10 pm

My credit card company replaced my card with a new number a couple of months ago because of some suspicious charges that they caught, and I got info about where the charges came from.

This recent Adobe charge has been removed from my credit card while I try to figure out where it came from. If I find out it's legit, I can call them and put it back. The charge has an 800 number from CA, but as I said, nothing in the phone tree or online at Adobe gave me any clue as to what this charge is about, and I haven't had a chance to pursue it since I last called. My brother has been up from Texas this week, so between visiting with him and several appointments, I haven't had the time, but I hope to get it sorted out tomorrow.
There's no such thing as too many books!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 am

Sounds like you have it under control!

Return to “Technical Help”