scummvm and discworld

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

scummvm and discworld

Postby mbday630 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:22 am

I wanted to play discworld 1 today and so I made a new folder on my desktop, put ALL the files from the disk into the empty folder and then put the folder in my program files86 folder. (all the files are in there) Then I started scumm and clicked on add a new game and I found the discworld folder but it says that it could not find any game in the specified directory. what do I do next?
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Re: scummvm and discworld

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 am

I had the same trouble at first, mbday. You may have to either edit the path, or run the game from your desktop, which I did.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:51 am

thanks for helping.... so, I put the folder that I first made back on my desktop but when I go to scumm, the desktop doesn't show up as an option for looking.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07 am

In the Scumm window, I used Edit Game and scrolled the tabs at the top until I came to Paths. From there I chose Game Path. On my Mac it appears as Users/user's name/Desktop/Discworld. The sequence is probably different for Windows, but I remember this gave me problems when I tried to put the path deeper in the system, such as a games folder. It may be possible, but I don't know how to do it, so I just ran the game from my desktop.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:09 am

I'm using Windows 7 and found a folder representing my desktop at C:\Users\myusername\Desktop - maybe look there?

Return to “Technical Help”