Windows 10

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Windows 10

Postby Stella » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:38 am

I upgraded an extra Win 7 Pc I have to Win 10. Works fine at my desk, but when I put it on his desk and turn it on, we get a black screen with the message, "input not supported." So what does that mean?
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Re: Windows 10

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:43 am

It still works if you take it back to your desk and try again?
Is the desk location the only difference, or is there a different keyboard/mouse or anything else there?

Ah - or a different monitor? I had a google around and it sounds as though it may be the monitor rather than the computer giving that message - if you restart in safe mode and update your video driver that might do the trick.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:02 am

Aha! I tried a newer cable for connection between the monitor and pc. No clue what happened to the cable I was using, but this newer one gets me a picture.

Sooo, I was so excited to have solved my problem, I made another problem! :scratch: When the window screen pops up and asks for your e=mail address, I accidently typed a 9 instead of a I. I can't access anything to change it. I can get into the bios system, but no clue which to change. Any ideas?
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:26 am

Stella wrote:When the window screen pops up and asks for your e=mail address, I accidently typed a 9 instead of a I. I can't access anything to change it. I can get into the bios system, but no clue which to change. Any ideas?

It sounds like you made an online account instead of a Local (normal) one.
To change an email address in an online account check instructions here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ft-account

If you typed the wrong email when creating the account, you may have to make a completely new account and delete the old one.
Check this link at technet and this link at Microsoft forums.

You may want to switch to using a Local account, and here's how to do that.
http://www.howtogeek.com/230543/how-to- ... ijacks-it/
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks so much middletoe. It's working, and now my Grandson can play his free Sonic game, that only took me 3 days to complete! :shock:

Return to “Technical Help”