.avi files Software?

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

.avi files Software?

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 am

I have just bought some Zimbabwean music/DVDs whcih come in .avi files - which software is best to download these files with?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: .avi files Software?

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:20 am

I'm confused... you said you already have the DVDs, so why do you need to download the files
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:40 am

lol I see I have confused you. No I don't have the DVD . It's a download via the dreaded Dropbox. Trying to download just two music videos. Have I now confused you even more?
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:07 am

Not at all! You should said you had purchased some "music/DVDs" so I assumed they were DVDs!

If it's Dropbox, you just download to your computer... If you don't have a Dropbox account (I have had problems with Dropbox and don't have one either), just refuse their offer to set up an account and you should be able to just do a direct download using your browser. I've done this several times with games I've tested for developers.

Now, you will not be able to PLAY these .avi files on your WIndows 10 computer unless you download software to do so. Since Windows 8, Windows Media Player is no longer included with Windows. I have used the free VLC media player for many years.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Technical Help”