digital camera help?

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

digital camera help?

Post by mbday630 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 pm

as you know, I know nothing nada about technological stuff. so, cleaning out my cupboards, I found an old digital camera - not used for 9 years! so, I plugged it in to charge it, hubby put in new batteries, and he took a picture of me. I plugged it into my computer and then went to the F drive to open up the picture but it says something about needing a disc or something. I just figured that I would go to that drive and open it and see my pictures. How can I see my pictures? remember, I am not smart. Any help would be appreciated.

middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Re: digital camera help?

Post by middletoe » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:10 am

I would guess the computer needs drivers to be able to read the camera data.
You may be able to download them from the website of the camera's manufacturer.
Any drivers on a disc would be older ones, which might or might not work depending on what version of Windows is installed on the computer.

draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator

Post by draclvr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am

Do you know if the camera is using an SD card? It's about the size of a postage stamp. What is the brand and model of the camera and I'll look it up.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 pm

it is a Koak Easyshare camera. I really don't know anything more about it. I just assumed that after I plugged in it and went to the drive that I would see the pictures, but, I don't. so, I might need a driver or something for this? ugggghhh. I think I might be too stupid for this.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Why would you think you are too stupid! These are great questions! That would be true for most newer cameras, but since this one is so old, it might need software. There are a gazillion Easyshare models out there... is there anything else to help identify it? Like CD33 or M550 or something like that?

I did find something that said Easyshare software is no longer available to Kodak. You can find it elsewhere, but it's always hard to know software isn't infected. There was a page at the Kodak website that gave directions on how to retrieve pictures without the software. There may be a share button or option on the camera or you could use a USB cable or the SD card. It's hard to know without the model number.

So, does it have a slot for an SD card?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm

there is no slot (don't know what SD is) but, it is just a basic camera. I don't believe that I ever got a disc driver to go with it, but, I am in the midst of cleaning my computer room and who knows what else I might find? ???????? as I said, I just assumed that when I plugged it into my computer and went to the drive that the computer was that I would see my pictures. so, should I just dump this camera in the garbage? I have gotten rid of 100s of games so far so I guess this wouldn't be as big of a loss as those games.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:49 pm

This is an SD card... as I said in my first post, it is about the size of a postage stamp. There are also smaller micro-SD cards.

SD Card

So, I take it there is no model number on the camera so I can look it up?

Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Post by Rosaboobie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:11 am

It should state on the camera somewhere what model it is - have you turned it upside down - that's sometimes where this information is, Linda
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 am

I know more about it now. It is a Kodak easyshare C1550 16 MP. If I find a driver for this, do I have to download the pictures using the same folder that the driver is in?

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 am

NOW, we've got something to work with!

I looked it up and you can still buy this camera new at Amazon. It's a nice little camera. AND they still have the software available as a download!

C1550 Software Download

And even better, here is a User Manual.

C1550 User Manual

I have no idea how this camera works, but if you download and install the software, you should be done with the download. The software should then have an icon on your desktop. It seems you use a "Share" button, but I don't know if it's on the camera on in the software.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:27 am

thank you for that user guide! there are buttons on here that I didn't know existed! I just took a picture of one of my dogs and let's see if I can get it onto my computer now. that will be the test for me. I downloaded the software and it is on my desktop - but, dunno how I use that. I will play around and see if I can figure it out! Thanks so much Drac for your help!

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:42 am

From what I read, once you have the software, you can just plug it in and follow the prompts. Let me know how it goes! Like I said, this is kind of a nifty little camera!

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:24 pm

so, I downloaded that file.. took a picture.... and kind of scanned the help menu. (Greek, pretty much to this small mind) and still can't figure out how to look at my pictures. argh. So sorry to be this dense.

draclvr

Post by draclvr » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:23 pm

So, does this help from the Users Manual? Since you already have the software downloaded, you shouldn't have to do that step.
Transferring pictures to your computer
IMPORTANT:
To use the sharing and social networking features, you must install the KODAK Share Button App.

Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet. When you connect the camera to the computer, the installer automatically runs.

1. Turn off the camera.

2. Use the KODAK Camera USB Cable, Micro B / 5-Pin to connect the camera to the computer. (Use only the cable included with this camera.)

3. Turn on the camera.

IMPORTANT:
If the installer does not run, download and install the right version for your computer's operating system: http://www.kodak.com/go/camerasw

4. After the software is installed, follow the prompts to transfer pictures and videos to your computer.

mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Post by mbday630 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:16 pm

except for turning off my camera, I have done everything and it doesn't work. but, I wrote my Daughter in law and she said that she would be over to help me. things like this (I do have dementia quite terribly) get me so overwhelmed. but, I will try and if we can get it going, I will let you know. thanks so much for your help. hopefully she can get this figured out!