Rose Tattoo using Scumm

From how-to's on loading up a saved game to getting your old game to run on XP or reconfiguring your Internet Explorer, we'll do our best to help hook up those who have questions with a guru who can help.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Rose Tattoo using Scumm

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 am

Scumm says Game has been recently supported and requires further play testing. so, I thought that I would try it. I put all the files on the disk in a folder in my program files x86 folder. then I go to scumm and click on add new game and I see the rose tattoo in program files and when I click on that it says scumm could not find any game in the specified directory. what am I doing wrong? I have played other games using scumm and didn't have this problem. also, I tried putting the disk in and going to the D: drive on scumm and it still says no game in the specified directory. hmmmm.
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Re: Rose Tattoo using Scumm

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:58 am

Hmm. And you're definitely using the latest version of ScummVM? If the game's only recently been added to their repertoire the most likely thing would be that you have a slightly older version without the support.
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby mbday630 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:04 am

that could be. so, if I use a newer scumm, will I have to load all the games that I have on scumm now again?
Phlebas
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Taurus

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 am

You mean add them all again? I'm afraid I don't know enough about scummVM to answer that - I'd hope not!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Since I don't use Scummvm either, you might try asking your question on their help forums.

https://forums.scummvm.org/
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
middletoe
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby middletoe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 pm

mbday630 wrote:that could be. so, if I use a newer scumm, will I have to load all the games that I have on scumm now again?

If you mean copy all the files off your discs again, then no.
Just start up the new version of ScummVM and point it at the location where you put the game files.
draclvr
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks, middletoe! I know nothing about ScummVM!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.

Return to “Technical Help”