Controlling?

Have something you need to get off your chest, whether it's political ranting or just dissing? This is the place for your more heated posts and discussions.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Cancer

Controlling?

Postby Stella » Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am

So... she wants to run errands early morning. She's ready to walk out the door at 9 am. She wants to go to town W, because the stores she needs to go to are in a cluster.

He says he wants to go and will move from his tv watching chair at 11 am. He wants to go to town A because they have the same stores, only they are located all over the place.

So... they go to town A, drive all over the place, he's happy, she's miffed.

Opinions please.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Controlling?

Postby JKEerie » Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 pm

It is annoying when one believes they have a well-thought-out plan and someone decides to join them only to destroy the plan making the trip less efficient. Questions to be answered:
1. Did she enjoy the company?
2. Did she visit all the stores she wanted to and purchase everything she needed?
3. Was an opportunity lost due to all the driving between stores, or at the end of the day, was everything accomplished that needed to be accomplished?
4. Based on the answers to the above...is it worth staying miffed?
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Fri May 12, 2017 7:46 am

You would make a good arbiter JKEerie. :)

No, sweet subject was to miffed to enjoy the perpetrator.

No, the perpetrator decided subjects didn't really need to visit some places.

Yes, after groceries unloaded, sweet subject had to make a quick trip into town to return library books that could have been dropped off if the perpetrator would have gone to town W like the sweet subject wanted to in the first place.

Yes, the sweet subject thinks she should stay miffed, but she isn't miffed this morning, because she has decided that the perpetrator is impaired and can't help himself!
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby draclvr » Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 am

I guess I'm too old and set in my desire to continue with my original plan. I would have said, sorry, that doesn't work for me today. How about if we plan on making your trip to town A on another day and merrily walked out the door at 9:00.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Fri May 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Well, Stella...based on your answers, I agree that you have a right to stay miffed...until you're not miffed any more. Then you pocket this experience and the next time, follow Drac's suggestions and use this as your defense if the "perpetrator" tries to crash another one of your parties. :)
Diat60
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Diat60 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Stella and JKEerrie, thanks for the smiles. Sounds like the plot for a book "The Sweet Subject and the Perpetrator - Or Best Laid Plans Oft Gang Agley" Oh, no, that one's already been done by R. Burns. Actually you sound like the Hub and me, although in reverse. He's a morning person and I'm positive retirement means I can linger over morning tea until 10 or 11 while playing computer games.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Diat...You are exactly correct.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sat May 13, 2017 10:50 am

Since my late husband used to run most of his errands on his motorcycle, and he and my sister took care of the food shopping, that wasn't an issue for me. An easy "Bye, honey, I'm going out" from either of us would usually suffice.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat May 13, 2017 11:16 am

That's the way we do it too!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Stella
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Stella » Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 am

I could barely crawl out of bed in the morning when I worked. Now however, I'm awake at 6:30am every day! I like the quietness of early mornings, coffee, computer, bird watching, etc.

I guess I thought after all these years of doing everything by myself, he worked all the time, It would be nice to do things together. But, the serial perpetrator thinks his way is the way!

I'm gonna need bail money!
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun May 14, 2017 11:40 am

Some men take to retirement like that. They're so used to making decisions at work that they need to find a way to continue it when they retire.
Winter is an etching, spring is a watercolor, summer is an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. -Stanley Horowitz
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 am

This made me laugh! I dread when my hubby retires. he is an afternoon person and I am a morning person too. I get up early to watch and feed the birds, let the dogs out and I am ready to go shopping at 9 a.m. although hubby wouldn't want to go out until afternoon. I am ready for a little nap in the afternoon! But, he seldom goes with me anywhere and I usually don't tell him when I am going - I guess that is the secret. Just throw a kiss to him at the door and say "see you later."
mbday630
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby mbday630 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:34 pm

I am having a controlling hubby right now. My daughter - who is 8 months pregnant - saw 2 dogs in her yard trying to get the cat that she has been feeding for the past year. It is a stray cat, but, my daughter loves it. She had just gotten out of the shower and only had a towel on her she saw that cat streaking across the yard with the 2 dogs hot on her trail. so, she went outside and the cat climbed a tree and kept slipping. so, she took off her towel and wrapped the cat in her towel. Naked as a jaybird now. I think this is funny but my hubby says that I am fruity as the cat bit her and anytime someone gets hurt it is not funny. we just have such different ideas of what is funny. I think I just needed a funny story like this right now in my life to make me laugh though.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:31 pm

I think it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard! :bgb Right up there with my hubby getting out of the shower one cold snowy winter morning and seeing a coyote down in the pasture. We'd had one raiding the chicken house and his rifle was in the garage. So he ran downstairs, grabbed his rifle and stepped outside buck naked in the snow in 20° weather and managed to get a shot off at the coyote - missed unfortunately.

Return to “Hot Topics”