How to Get Your Classic Blizzard Games Playing on New Systems

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: What adventure game are you playing?

Postby Jude » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am

So where did the 26 character Key Code show up if not in the Games & Subscriptions section?

I found, in my personal records I backed up, the 26 character Key Code for Starcraft, and my notes say that I registered it at the same time I registered Diablo II and Warcraft III and their expansions, but it doesn't show up in the Games & Subscriptions area (and I seem to remember that I needed to contact support because my original game code was only 13 characters). I downloaded the Remastered game for the Mac from Blizzard, but it seems to let me play (single-player, anyway) without entering my key code -- and I can't figure out where I am supposed to enter it, anyway! Any ideas?

If you do make a post with this info about how to still play your old Blizzard games by registering the codes to a Blizzard.com account and downloading the new versions, be sure to do whatever needs to be done to archive it so that it doesn't get purged and disappear like all the old posts we made explaining all the tips and tricks and secret areas and Horadric Cube recipes and stuff for Diablo II.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: What adventure game are you playing?

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:45 am

I know... that still makes me sick! I had Ghostlady take those forums completely OFF the pruning schedule.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

How to Get Your Classic Blizzard Games Playing on New Systems

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:49 am

Jude and I started a conversation about Diablo II and with her guidance I was able to get my old Diablo II Lord of Destruction game playing on my Windows 10 computer. It's like having an old friend back! I'm going to merge those posts into this forum so I is available for anyone who is looking for a way to get their old Classic Blizzard games playing on a new system.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: How to Get Your Classic Blizzard Games Playing on New Systems

Postby Jude » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am

Also, Mac users, please note:

CAUTION!: The newest version of Diablo II (and LOD) doesn't seem to work on the later versions of Mac OS X at this time. 1.14B still works (with a few minor glitches, but 1.14d won't load the game. :( If you have an older version of the game (and patches), back it up and save it! Blizzard no longer has patches or an installer for download for anything but the latest version. :(

Also, be aware that (if you play single-player or via LAN and don't usually connect to Battle.net) the game will update automatically if connected to Battle.net... which might then make it not work on your Mac. So, back up your older version (and also any earlier patches, if you have them) onto an external drive, now!
Last edited by Jude on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Re: How to Get Your Classic Blizzard Games Playing on New Systems

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:57 am

I have some other stuff to do first, but I'll work on moving these later. I'm glad you put that post right up at the top though!

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”