Aveyond games

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General
Zodiac: Cancer

Aveyond games

Postby Kickaha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 pm

What kind of games are the "Aveyond" series? Are they RPG-ish, or RPG-lite? Long? Do people like them? They're on Bigfish so not expensive for me to get.
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Re: Aveyond games

Postby shany » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:34 pm

Turn based RPG. Fun to play if you're into those kinds of games. Very nice plot, lots of things to do and multiple endings.
Only played the first one, I hear no. 3 is going to come out.

You may want to play the first game, Ahriman's Prophecy which has some connection to the games. It's free.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:26 am

Thanks Shany - turn-based RPGs are my kind of game as opposed to real-time RPGs.
Jen
Puffy Moderator

Postby Jen » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Aveyond games are way fun! I've played them all. They are simplified turn-based RPG.

Beware, though, the Aveyond 3 on Big Fish is only the first chapter (of two), so you'll get a sudden ending and a couple of unsolvable quests. The second part should be out sometime around the end of July/beginning of August. The dev split the game into two chapters after it was nearly done, so together the two will be a single game.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks for the recommendation Jen! And the warning - simplified is fine by me, too many abilities to worry about can lose me.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am

I've started playing "Aveyond 3". One or two questions:

I was going through this mountainous region up to Thais (sp?) I clicked accidentally on a bit of cliff and found myself in a cave with lots of goodies. There didn't seem to be any clue that the cave was there. Are there more such places? How does one know they're there?

One of the goodies was a bow but Mel doesn't seem to want to equip it?
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby shany » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:08 am

There probably be another character who can equip the bow later on.
Jen
Puffy Moderator

Postby Jen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 pm

This might be kind of spoilery re that cave, so avert your eyes if you don't want to see: There are five or six of those hidden caves in the game. One of them (maybe the one you found) contains many of the characters' ultimate weapons, and using them may reduce your enjoyment of the game because there will be no more challenge in the fighting. You can find all kinds of maps on the Aveyond.com website.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Jen - maps are very welcome for Aveyond.
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Bacardi Jim » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Love these games. Each game has four of these unclued, unmarked "goodie caves." One has each character's best weapon, one has their respective best armor, one is full of gold and one has a lever which will allow you to advance your level up to 99.
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
LadyKestrel
Flighty Administrator
Flighty Administrator
Zodiac: Aries

Postby LadyKestrel » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

I added spoilers to your post, BJ, for those who may want to discover them on their own.
Just hand over the cookies and no one gets hurt!
Bacardi Jim
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Bacardi Jim » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:17 pm

LadyKestrel wrote:I added spoilers to your post, BJ, for those who may want to discover them on their own.
No problem, and thanks. Of course, it's nearly impossible to "discover them on one's own," as that would require either using a map or simply accidentally stumbling into one of them, which is about a 1:10,000 chance. It's pretty amazing that Kickaha found even one of them that way.
Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior... if human beings don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Kickaha
Ghostmaster General
Ghostmaster General

Postby Kickaha » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 am

Call it serendipity - I certainly wasn't looking for goodie caves! They're rather like cheat codes which help people test the game by not having to grind their way through levels.

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”