Diablo II 1.13 Patch

Talk about anything related to RPG games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.

How do you play Diablo II?

Single-Player
50%
Open Battle.Net - Single-Player games
25%
Battle.Net
No votes
Open Battle.Net Multi-player
No votes
TCP/IP (LAN)
25%
I Haven't Played, Yet, But I Want To
No votes

Total votes: 4
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Diablo II 1.13 Patch

Postby Jude » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Anyone try out the new patch, yet? I'd be very interested in hearing any comments.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... sid=3000#0

I've been waiting to see if there are any problems with the Mac version, since I really don't want to have to re-install the whole game and expansion.

I noticed that they fixed the Barbarian Leap bug. That's good, but most of the other changes don't seem to address actual bugs that have been there for years...
And where is the stash expansion!!!

I'm not sure I like a few of the changes very much:

Taking away the penalty for using Blood Golem makes it much more powerful, but takes away a lot of the flavor of using it, too.

The change to Blessed Hammer is sure going to mess up my Slayer, Thorsget!

I really don't like the ability to reassign all of your skill and ability points. I had thought that this ability was going to be much less extensive--perhaps just the reassigning of one skill point. I guess this was put in mostly for the battle.net players who are limited to eight characters. Since I play single-player and can have as many characters as I want to (I have hundreds, trying out all sorts of builds), this just takes away nearly all of the strategy of planning and building a character. I may end of getting bored with the game for the first time in 10 years if I get tempted to use this!

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Diablo II 1.13 Patch

Postby draclvr » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm

I didn't know there was a new patch... must download it immediately. But no stash expansion? What were they thinking of!

I haven't played in a very long time. I finished the first Diablo and intended to get back into Diablo II, but I got sidetracked with some of the new RPG games like Bioshock 2 and Dragon Age Origins. Then I picked up Psychonauts and got addicted to that one.

I love that when I wander by the games section I still see the Diablo Warchest sitting proudly on the shelf along with all the latest and greatest RPG and FPS games...

Use the old "Get thee behind me, Satan" maneuver when you get tempted to change skill and ability points!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Diablo II 1.13 Patch

Postby Jude » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 am

Well, I've backed up my saved games folder and labeled it as the last 1.12 save, and I'm about to install the 1.13c patch. Going to start a Leap Attack Barbarian, I think. It's nice that at least that bug (Leap/Leap attack stopping working until a game start) was fixed.

I still think that the points complete reset feature is going to ruin the game for single-player...
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com

Return to “RPG Game Discussions”