Imbueing in Diablo II

If you need a hint or help with a game you are playing, this is the place to find it.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Imbueing in Diablo II

Postby draclvr » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Time to start a new Diablo II topic, Jude. This forum has been excluded from routine pruning now!

As much as I've played this game, I've never figured out how to best use imbue. Charsi will do this for me for an item, but how do I choose which item?

I'm done with the Rogue Encampment, but want to level my Druid up to 18 before I talk to Warriv.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Jen
Puffy Moderator

Re: Imbueing in Diablo II

Postby Jen » Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 am

I did some reading when I got the imbue. I am playing as a sorceress, and you can't have any magic items imbued, so I kept waiting for some awesome armor or some such. I hadn't seen any yet outside of my partial set, which is magical. So I still have not used it. But I seem to recall that the imbue is best saved until your character is high level, like 40+, or you just waste it, and there is another imbue sometime later in the game. I think it might be more for melee characters. Jude probably knows way more than me and will tell me I am blowing smoke.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 am

You get one imbue after completing the quest and returning to Charsi, for EACH level of game difficulty (Normal, Nightmare, and Hell).

Sometimes it takes some time to find a decent NON-MAGICAL, NON-SOCKETED, NON-JEWELRY item to imbue, especially since after Act II, all items in the stores won't qualify, I believe.

You do not have to use the imbue quest reward right away, but when you find a non-magical item that you want to imbue, go to Act I (I would suggest quitting the game and backing up your Save folder at this point, just in case you don't like the imbued item you get -- yes, this is cheating and whould only be considered when playing single-player. Never cheat when playing on battle.net or you will be banned!).

Click on Charsi in town, and you will will see the option to imbue an item. Click on that option, pick up the item from your inventory and put it in the "imbue" section that popped up, and then click the button. You will then get a random bunch of bonuses permanently applied to the item (often the stats are reset, though, so don't worry too much about finding an item with the highest defense or damage or whatever.

I usually imbue equipment that don't ever allow sockets, like gloves, belts or boots, since there is no way to add bonuses to them otherwise, but I have occasionally imbued a weapon or armor with good results. If you are lucky enough to find a non-magical but top-of-the-line type of what you want to imbue, and it is of a type that will allow sockets (but the particular item has none), you can use the "add sockets" quest reward from Act V to add sockets to the item you imbued.

I hope this makes sense.

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks, Jen and Jude. I really don't have anything that strikes me as good enough yet, so maybe I'll just hang on to the option for now. I'm just heading out into the desert now.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 am

Finally got my Druid up to level 22. I've been using a level 3 Dire Wolf and the Elemental burning pit of fire, but I really need to see how the Transformation powers work. I think I've got a level 2 Werewolf I might try out later today.

Return to “RPG Game Hints & Help”