Bioshock

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Bioshock

Postby draclvr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Just started a game of Bioshock. Seems to be just what I needed after a long day of canning REALLY hot salsa!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Siobhan
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Re: Bioshock

Postby Siobhan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 am

Yep this a real good one I loved it
If you're enough lucky to be Irish...
You're lucky enough
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:49 am

So far, I'm loving it too. I think I've finally got the hang of switching between plasmids and weapons! I've gotten killed a few times, but I like getting returned to one of those machines.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Lucien21
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Lucien21 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:21 pm

I love Bioshock.

Between playing Batman: Arkham Asylum (which reminded me a lot of Bioshock) and reading this thread i'm toying with replaying it.
Being human totally sucks most of the time.
Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.
—Anorak’s Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1–2
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:38 pm

I haven't played in a couple of days, but intend to get back into it tonight. I may start another game too, as I know there is some stuff I missed in the surgical area. I love those little bots once you hack them, but they do get annoying sometimes!

A very fun game!
patchman
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby patchman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 am

Hi Draclvr,
I finished Bioshock months ago and must say it was definite winner and yes those Bots get on your last nerve , but "Hacking" them was a blast...Loved the atmosphere and music was perfect. I found that It was a game that needed to be played with the lights off and sound turned up to really enjoy it, well at least for me... Also I agree with Lucien21 about Batman :Arkham Asylum i just finished the PC demo and it is a definite purchase when it available.

Take Care,
Patchman
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

And those eminently creepy Big Daddies! I've finally killed a couple of them, but tend to run away and hide. I'm getting better at the game, so I really need to get more Adam from them and the even creepier Little Sisters.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Is there anything more fun that throwing out an Enrage plasmid attack, running over to a corner and watching a couple of Security Bots and a some Splicers try to kill each other!!!

I'm in the final battle right now... what a great game!
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 am

I am beginning to think I should buy this one, Far Cry is not to appealing so far, maybe the story will be ok, but the graphics, yuck. I hate characters with those weird looking feet and hands, but then for the most part I don't see myself, just some sort of compass. I am still in the tutorial but got bored with it.

It is still available on Patchmans link, I bought it and since it is compatible with Vista it will go on the laptop.

Might need help Draclvr.
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:50 am

You would love Bioshock. It took me a while to get used to switching between two different types of weapons (assorted guns, a crossbow etc.) and plasmids (electro-shock, incinerate, enrage etc.). But once I figured it out, I had a great time! The graphics are great and the story is pretty interesting too. A madman builds an entire city called Rapture at the bottom of the sea in the 1950's to get away from all the bad things happening above.
patchman
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby patchman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 am

Draclvr it awesome to see you are still loving Bioshock. I will replay it once again soon before the sequel arrives. I also found the story very interesting to say the least, When u are finished you should goto the forums and see what others have to say about the story....Some get so involved in the story they need answers on certain parts of the game. i found some of the discussions interesting. I enjoyed reading the favorite game moments, there were so many....Do not goto these links until finished.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Link to favorite Bioshock Moments

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22939

@hawk: Sorry to hear your not liking far cry, i have never played it but i certainly do understand where you are coming from. I hope you like Bioshock, it truly is a great game...Like i said before on the forum,...when your ready to play turn up the volume and turn off the lights and enjoy !!

Take Care ,
Patchman
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:00 am

I finally won the final battle. I immediately started another game and this time I'm rescuing all the Little Sisters.

Yup, Hawka, join me in Rapture!

When is Bioshock 2 due out!! I'm going to check out those links, patchman. I'd love to hear what others think about the story. This second time through I'm picking up much more on what happened down there.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 pm

So, HOW long to I have to wait for Bioshock 2??? I just finished my 2nd game, this time rescuing all the Little Sisters. A MUCH more satisfying ending. This game will be entering my shelf of all-time-favorites!
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 am

I have it on both the laptop and the desktop and I think I will be returning as soon as I get some time. Rapture looks super intriguing, the look reminds me of Artificial Intelligence.

Patchman I will try Far Cry again soon, part of the problem was I did not know what I was doing and I really like to be able to see myself. I actually got it for my grandson, but always take a look just in case it will appeal to me. I got Assassins Creed also, for me, but cause same grandson beat the game I figured he could help me out. Trouble is he is either stealing the desktop so I can't play or upstairs on Xbox live, soooo.......
What kind of magic spell to use?
patchman
Restless Spirit
Restless Spirit

Postby patchman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Draclvr,
Wow that is great, i cant believe you completed it the 2nd time so quick.....I hope you feel better by saving the "sisters".
Now take a deep breath & fire up a couple of casual games to relax because Bioshock 2 is coming very quick well it should be Feb 9th 2010 and I just saw a video showing bits and pieces of the game and new features, lets just say it truly looks impressive...Here is the link in case you want to check it out.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/biosh ... -interview

@Hawk I totally understand your predicament. You are going to need to bribe somebody to get time on the Desktop,,,, I also got Assasins creed looks great but i am having a hard time trying to get used to the controls , but it seems to be a fine game...i just finished Max Payne 2... I had a blast with this game and loved how the story was told. Now currently playin Chaos Theory, on the 3rd mission another great game...Anyways as you can see i purchased a couple of the $5 D2D games. I also purchased a casual game called "World Of Goo" it is fun, addictive, and very frustrating ...... I am sorry i missed Company of heroes w/expansion pack... Waiting for the next $5 sale.

Take Care

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”