Bioshock 2 - February 9th

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Bioshock 2 - February 9th

Postby draclvr » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Did I go to Go Gamer and click on purchase to pre-order Bioshock 2 for the reduced price of $41.90? You bet I did! Come on Februray 9th!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Re: Bioshock 2 - February 9th

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:55 pm

It arrived today! I loaded it up and just played for about an hour. What fun... they've left the things alone that didn't need fixing and just made it 100% better than the first Bioshock. I can see what I'll be doing for the next couple of weeks!

The Games for Windows Live thing is sort of different, but it may have some advantages. I need to check it out a bit more.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby shany » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I really want to get this, but I don't have the time to play and $50 is a bit expensive.
Hopefully I'll have the patience to wait until it's sold at a discount (though considering the good reviews, that may take a while).
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:24 pm

I got it as a pre-release order from GoGamer for $42, which is still pretty pricey. But this is a game you can play more than once, so I figure I'll get my money's worth of enjoyment from it! I got the first Bioshock in a 2-pak with Oblivion for $10. I played the first time harvesting the Little Sisters and the 2nd time rescuing them. Great game and the sequel looks to far exceed it!

There was a huge clamor for multi-player, so you do have to set up a Games for Windows Live account. I don't do multi-player, but it was no big deal at all. Actually, I went there after I played for awhile and it might be pretty cool. There are about 27 games on it now and it's sort of a clearing house for any upgrades and downloadable content that might be available.
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby shany » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 am

I'm a bit hesitant to use GFWL. I heard that there's only support for 26 countries, and mine is not one of them. Meaning that registering with my real location is pointless.
However they don't check if you lie and give them a supported location.

Still, for a huge, multinational company like Microsoft this is very weak.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 am

I just checked and Israel is not supported yet. What crap! I can see if they don't offer some features everywhere, but in Bioshock 2, for instance, if you just want to play single player and not use any of the services, are they saying you can't have the game? Because you can't save without a Live account...

Lie, lie, lie!
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby shany » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks for checking, Draclvr.

I read somewhere that you can play almost without Live by using an offline account. This even lets you install the game as many times as you want since it doesn't need to varify it online.
Still, I'll have to lie if I want to play multiplayer.

I can talk all day about how stupid some of these problems are, but I probably should be happy that I can buy my games online for a relatively reasonbale price, and that I can play them, even if I have to cheat the system to do so.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Ana over at GB was unable to save her game without a Live account. I'll have to check into it some more - I signed up at their forums.

I could spend all day griping right along with you. I was never so frustrated as when I tried to install Left 4 Dead. Steam nearly drove me nuts. Egads! Just give me to option to play single player, that's all I want! Let those who want to play multi-player jump through all the hoops...
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby shany » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 am

Have you heard about Ubisoft games now requiring you to be online all the time or you lose your progress? It just keeps getting better doesn't it? :D

I'll check your thread on GB. I usually only go the adventure discussions there for lack of time.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Ubisoft too??? It's getting to be ridiculous. What if I live out in the woods and still have dial-up for crying out loud. Grrr......
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Holy Jumpin' Jehosephat! I don't think I've ever run into anything scarier than the Big Sisters in this game! I've been able to kill 2 of them, but while they're working up to come get me, I just want to run like hell!!
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

draclvr wrote:Holy Jumpin' Jehosephat! I don't think I've ever run into anything scarier than the Big Sisters in this game! I've been able to kill 2 of them, but while they're working up to come get me, I just want to run like hell!!

Sounds like fun, Drac. I can't wait to play it, as soon as I finish Assassin's Creed II. I replied to your post about Bio2 in Skeeter's thread on the Adventure Games Discussion board.
viewtopic.php?p=111642#p111642
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Just replied to it! If you liked the first Bioshock, you will love the second one. It's the same, but not the same and in only good ways in my opinion.

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”