Psychonauts

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Psychonauts

Postby draclvr » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I downloaded Psychonauts from GOG last weekend during one of their great deals. I can't imagine how I've missed this game before. What delightful, frustrating fun! The whole concept of the twists and turns of the mind in the game is just a hoot. I needed something to keep me out of Bioshock2 so I didn't get through it too fast and this game is just the ticket!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
shany
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Psychonauts

Postby shany » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:57 am

Psychonauts is a great game. I'm afraid I never finished it, though. The last level is supposed to be very difficult, and I barely made it through the first one.

Still, it's full of unique worlds and funny humour. And all the characters have interesting personality and history! Even story-based adventure games don't have that!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:18 am

Yeah, I'm have a hard time getting past Sasha Nein's huge "monster censor" in his mind. All the little mini censors keep messing me up and then the big one stomps on me! Might try again later today.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:19 pm

What a hoot this game is... and occasionally very disturbing! I'm loving every minute of it.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

draclvr wrote:I downloaded Psychonauts from GOG last weekend during one of their great deals. I can't imagine how I've missed this game before. What delightful, frustrating fun! The whole concept of the twists and turns of the mind in the game is just a hoot. I needed something to keep me out of Bioshock2 so I didn't get through it too fast and this game is just the ticket!

I can't imagine how you missed it either, Drac. There were a large number of threads about it on the Boomers "Dark Side" forum when it was released. Lots of folks singing it's praises, me included.

The thing I liked most about it was all the new powers you pick up as the game progresses. It's easy to get frustrated at first, but if you stick with it, you'll start having a lot of fun. The Milkman Conspiracy was my favorite level. A parody of our "intelligence" organizations. I thought it was hilarious.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Although I joined over at GB in 2005, I didn't participate much over there until a couple of years ago. What do they say, better late than never!

I absolutely love this game and I agree... the Milkman Conspiracy was my favorite part for exactly the reasons you said. Absolutely hilarious... the dialogue was just brilliant. I haven't finished it yet... got as far as the Edgar's Sanctuary part where I need to defeat Dingo, while keeping Edgar alive. Gardens keep me outside all day/every day plus we've now got company from Iowa, Colorado and Germany for the rest of the summer. I'm luck to get in some casual gaming this time of the year!
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 am

we've now got company from Iowa, Colorado and Germany for the rest of the summer

Put their asses to work in the tomato fields while you sit back and play your games while sipping on an ice cold bloody mary. Doesn't that sound like a plan?

kommen Sie, um Sklaven zu arbeiten!!!! :dmage:
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 am

I love the idea! And the best is not just slave labor, but CHILD slave labor! I will have 6 little ones from Iowa, 3 from Colorado plus the local grandkids over the weekend of July 4. Bwahahahahaha.......

I have a break for two weeks before the Germans arrive. The DracHotel is officially open this weekend with a visit this weekend from a former co-worker who lives in North Carolina. Ah, summer!!
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 am

I will have 6 little ones from Iowa, 3 from Colorado plus the local grandkids over the weekend of July 4.

How little, specifically? They can pick the low hanging stuff. It's never too early to learn how to work :)

P.S. Do u speak German, Drac? Or is one of your kids in the military stationed in Germany?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 pm

2, 4, 6, 8 and 11 going on 35 with multiples of several ages! No tomatoes by then, but plenty of raspberries for them to pick.

No, I don't speak German. My husband's first wife was from Germany - he met her while he was stationed there in 1964. After she passed away in 1999 and we got together, I told them there was no reason they shouldn't continue coming here every summer - so they do! Some of her elderly sisters have been here and a couple of nieces and nephews, but this nephew and his wife come every summer. My step-daughter took me over there with her several years ago and we had a great time visiting with her mom's side of her family. They treat me just like family too - it's great!
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook

Postby Robert » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:41 pm

What a wonderful arrangement, Drac. It sounds like your husband is very close with his German in-laws. In my experience, most of the German people are very warm and friendly. With your personality I'm sure it wasn't hard for them to accept you as one of their own.

I envy you for being able to spend some time there. I spent some time there myself in the Army. I was there for a year in a place called Wildflecken. IMO, Germany is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Everywhere you go there's a castle or a tall mountain, lol. Plus those folks love to party. Seems like every time you turn around their having some kind of festival, which always includes plenty of beer. Looking back on it, I wish I had spent more of my free time exploring that place.

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”