What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now, Continued

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
Wasabipug
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: What Casual Games Are You Playing Right Now, Continued

Postby Wasabipug » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:27 am

I have been playing The Treasures of Mystery Island the Ghost Ship. It came highly recommended but I don't know if I would give it glowing reviews. Has anyone played this?
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 am

I dont remember having played that one, Wasabipug!

I have just started to play Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time, and am just downloading the latest Edgar Allen Poe which I am sure will be just as good as the other two!
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
FuzzButt
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre
Zodiac: Virgo

Postby FuzzButt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 pm

The Edger Allen Poe sounds really good. Let us know how you like it.
Corgi butts make me smile
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Postby skeeter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:19 am

Hmm... mum has a pile but I don't know which one I should play...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
Wasabipug
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Wasabipug » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 pm

I finished the Ghost Ship one, it was ok, I wasn't thrilled by it. That's funny Rosaboobie, because I too am playing Citadels of Time and have downloaded Edgar Allan Poe Premature Burial. I hope it works because The Black Cat kept kicking me out and telling me I had corrupt save files and had to start over so I could never finish that one. I am enjoying Citadels of Time, What do you think?

I just saw that the new Dana Knightstone game Death Under Tuscan Skies has been released as a CE. I really liked the first game but I think I might wait for the regular edition to come out.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 am

I am greatly enjoying Echoes of the Past, Wasabipug.

And I just finished the demo last night of the new Dana Knightstone, and for me it's also a winner, although I will definitely wait for the SE.
Boobie
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:12 am

Wasabipug wrote:I finished the Ghost Ship one, it was ok, I wasn't thrilled by it. That's funny Rosaboobie, because I too am playing Citadels of Time and have downloaded Edgar Allan Poe Premature Burial. I hope it works because The Black Cat kept kicking me out and telling me I had corrupt save files and had to start over so I could never finish that one. I am enjoying Citadels of Time, What do you think?

I just saw that the new Dana Knightstone game Death Under Tuscan Skies has been released as a CE. I really liked the first game but I think I might wait for the regular edition to come out.

I got Citadels of Time and the new Poe but haven't played them. I liked the Black Cat, mum has the other one but I haven't played it. When I tried to find it, I ended up playing some other Edgar Allen Poe one which wasn't very good at all!

Rosaboobie wrote:I am greatly enjoying Echoes of the Past, Wasabipug.

And I just finished the demo last night of the new Dana Knightstone, and for me it's also a winner, although I will definitely wait for the SE.

Ooh, I've never heard of that? Off to look it up...
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues."
— Terry Pratchett
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm playing the first Dark Tales Poe game, and nearly finished...
— Terry Pratchett
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am

The first Dana Knightstone was a very good game, skeeter
Boobie
Wasabipug
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Wasabipug » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 am

I agree Rosaboobie, just finished premature burial, I thought it was excellent and I had no technical issues like the Black Cat. I am still playing Echoes of the Past, it seems to be longer than other games, a couple puzzles have me frustrated, others are absurdly easy, have you found this to be the case Rosaboobie?

I broke down and bought Death under tuscan sky CE, it is awesome so far
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:44 am

I've finished Dark Tales 1 and 3.
— Terry Pratchett
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:10 am

I got a board game called Elder Sign (yes, it's based on the Cthulhu mythos), and liked it well enough (it plays well solo or so-op). The publisher then put out a Mac version and iPhone/iPod, iPad, and Android versions. I bought the Mac version and have been playing it way too much!
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... 2&esum=197
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
Wasabipug
Wandering Spectre
Wandering Spectre

Postby Wasabipug » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 am

I have had extra time so I have been playing casual games! I finished Echoes of the Past: Citadels of Time. I have to say that overall it was a great game. It lasted much longer than most and had a wide variety of interesting puzzles, some of which made me feel accomplished that I was able to solve them :)

I finished Death Under Tuscan Skies, another enjoyable one, the extra chapter was quite long but I would probably still advise waiting for the SE.

I also finished Bluebeard's Castle, it had some good things going for it, for one it wasn't a collector's edition, gorgeous graphics! I didn't like the lag time between some scenes and the puzzles were completely unchallenging.

I also downloaded to try Strange Cases: The Secrets of Greymist Lake and what I played of it is really enjoyable and scary!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:51 am

I am currently replaying Drawn: Dark Flight, and will then will play Drawn: The Painted Tower, before launching myself into the new Drawn. I had forgotten just how good the "Drawn" series is.

And I see that today Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst CE has just been released :cheers:
Boobie
skeeter
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby skeeter » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:34 am

Escape from Ravenhearst? Isn't that an old one?
— Terry Pratchett

Return to “Casual Games”