Dont you just love BFG CS!

Here's the place to talk about all your favorite casual games.
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Dont you just love BFG CS!

Postby JKEerie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 pm

I have the game in a CE. I checked the strategy guide. It just may be there are a series of steps to proceed. (If I recall correctly, this was kind of vague.) After you place the Raven Silhouette on the Priest's terrace, you have to select it twice. Then you look at the note and select all the pieces to get the Staff of Oscillations which appears to be in the middle of the split circle. Then you are to place the ritual mask...but they don't show where in the picture. The picture in the CE is the same as in the walkthrough. It just says to place it...it doesn't say where. My guess is it goes somewhere in the scene with the two robed men and the flame between them. The guy on the left is wearing a mask. See if your ritual mask will go on the guy on the right.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes, I have the Staff of Oscillations..... I've watched the youtube video of the walkthru. the statue when clicked should take you into them... mine doesn't.
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:14 am

I just watched the video. I remember this. If you can't click between the statues it may mean you have to do something else first. Even the video walkthrough has a different order than the strategy guide. In the video, the player gets the staff of Oscillations after he gets the emerald. Check the hint button. If it's pointing elsewhere, it may mean there is something you have to do somewhere else. The walkthroughs are almost verbatim from the Strategy guides and I have found errors in the guides before, where something is out of order.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 am

I've watched the video too quite a few times thinking I could have missed something... and the map does not show any thing to do.. I have gone from site to site and click on hint and I keep getting that nothing to do here better move on?????>>>
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:14 am

What do you have in your inventory?
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:51 am

Sigil of the well 3/3
Ritual Mask
Staff of Oscillations
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Well...without the emerald you can't proceed but you know that already. I would click on every hotspot you can to see if there is anything that is missed. Can you play with your settings (difficulty, cursor, etc) to see if anything allows you to click on the statues to place the ritual mask on the standing figure? Some folks in the forums did so when they were having issues in other places and it seemed to work. I've had issues where walkthroughs and maps in games were wrong and there was something I missed, but it just seems odd that the game would "glitch" this close to the end. I see a few folks have had this issue, but it wasn't widely publicized. You might try contacting Eipix support to see if they are familiar with this issue... http://support@eipix.com. I'm not sure what platform you're playing on, but they may be familiar if there is indeed a bug.

I had an issue where I couldn't proceed in a game a long time ago due to a missing hotspot or something. I can't even recall the game...but it was a very common error that many people experienced. Big Fish did give me a free replacement credit since I could not complete the game, so I would not give up on that approach if all else fails.

I wish I had a solution for you, Winfrey. Perhaps Eipix can assist you directly.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:00 pm

thanks for your help jke I will contact eipix... I've been trying things for over a week..lol Think I know this game by heart now :=)
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 pm

I did hear from BF and did get a code for a game... but unfortunately no help for the Mystery Files game...
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Well...at least you got a freebie. If it's a game glitch, BF can't really help you. Eipix will have to own it. So worst cast scenario...you watch the last 5 minutes of the walkthrough to see how it ends and you find yourself a nice new game.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 am

Just sent them a message will let you know if I receive a response. Now to go find a new game to play :-)
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Postby Winfrey » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:24 pm

JKEerie, thought I would let you know I deleted my profile of the game restarted it and had no problems playing to the end. I tried eipix twice... never did get a reply. One thing I dlid find out though is that playing on a Surface pro could be a problem with some of their games as it is not really a pc nor a mobile... and it seems it needs some stuff associated with a pc and mobile... can't have both in a game.. so it could be playing on a Surface is the issue in itself.
------------
Henry David Thoreau]
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Rosaboobie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Glad you worked it out, winfrey.

I got lucky again today - Sent an email to BFG asking why my game credits keep disappearing, and they sent me another coupon for a CE game :cheers:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
JKEerie
Hallowed Haunter
Hallowed Haunter

Postby JKEerie » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Glad to hear it, Winfrey! Sometimes, it's the freakiest things that happen in games. I had an issue last week with one of the Dead Reckoning games. You were to click these buttons in a certain order, and the fireplace was to open. I clicked, and I clicked. Checked the strategy guide, knowing I was doing it right...and nothing. I exited the game, then restarted. It worked like a charm.

It is a shame that Eipix didn't respond. I think these developers should stand behind their games...albeit you are likely right that the issue was the Surface.

Return to “Casual Games”