Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Postby draclvr » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Yeah, I have a bad habit of referring to my CyberSnipa as a gamepad, which it really isn't. It's more of a gaming keyboard like you say. Although CyberSnipa does call it a gamepad too - the current one is call the Game Pad V2. I would post a screenshot of the the mouse and control options in GOL, but I'd have to grab several. No option to "look" with the mouse anywhere to be found. Dragon Age Origins was the same way - drove me nuts, but I finally got used to it.

There are options for the axes in the gane's gamepad configuration, but they are grayed out for me. I assume they would allow you to do as you say with the thumbsticks or whatever.

As much as I like Guardian of Light, it's always a relief to get into Tomb Raider Legends or Underworld and be able to "look" with the mouse...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:27 am

Robert I have a Logitech Dual Action with 10 buttons, would that work for games like this? I used it for Polar Express and Ratatouille but haven't tried it on anything else. I have had it for quite some time now, maybe it is outdated. I still need to look through my grandsons stuff for one of his XBox controllers, too much else has been going on for me to do so.
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 am

Here is what is available in the Gamepad configuration... I thought the second option might be what Robert is talking about. A couple of other people at GB are playing it. I think Paul is playing with a console or something. You could ask over there if you can control camera angle with something other than a keyboard.

Vibration
Gamepad Axes
Invert X Axis
Invert Y Axis
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Robert
Settled Spook
Settled Spook
Zodiac: Cancer

Postby Robert » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 pm

I thought the second option might be what Robert is talking about.

No, "invert Y axis" isn't what i meant. If you have TR: Anniversary installed, those gamepad options are what I'm talking about (X, Y and Z axis). They allow you to move forward, back, left and right (like WSAD) with the left thumbstick, and "look" with the right thumbstick.

All the "invert axis" option does is reverse the direction. Ordinarily, when you press the thumbstick forward (i.e. up) the camera looks up, but with the Y axis inverted, it's just the opposite (press forward to look down, and back to look up)

People who are use to playing flight simulators (or actually fly planes) like to invert the Y axis because that's what they're use to with that type of stick control in a 3D environment.

Robert I have a Logitech Dual Action with 10 buttons, would that work for games like this?

I don't see why not. I played TR: Anniversary on PC with an Xbox controller.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 pm

OK I think I will download the demo again and try it, maybe she will run straight for me, :roll:
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:56 pm

No, no - I said the second option... Gamepad Axes. Inverting the axes wouldn't help, but I was hoping the 2nd option might.

I got her to run straight by pressing both the W and either the A or D keys at the same time.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:48 pm

That sounds like a pain to me Draclvr, I really like the Logitech except for when I had to pull the left thumbstick backwards running away from the chef in Ratatouille. My thumb has not been the same since.
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Whew! I finally beat Xolotyl. What a battle it was at the end. At one point I was down to nothing but my pistols and my spear against 5 or 6 of these huge fire-ball monsters. But I finally got him! Now to figure out how to start a new one....

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”