Amnesia The Dark Descent on Sale!

Talk about anything related to Action, Action/Adventure and FPS games. Upcoming releases, news, reviews or just your opinion.
draclvr
Monster-Slaying Administrator
Zodiac: Virgo

Amnesia The Dark Descent on Sale!

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:39 am

Just got this from Frictional Games... It's on sale for $10 this weekend. Watch the trailer to see if you can handle this level of scary!!

This Weekend Only (October 29 - October 31)

What would Halloween be without a bone chilling adventure? Why even get out of bed in the morning?
Don’t hit that snooze button just yet, because Frictional Games has got your back. 50% discount! That’s right, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a game already going for the measly sum of $20, can now be yours for only $10. So, if you haven’t already acquired this critically acclaimed title, be sure to do so now and make Halloween your favorite holiday.

Sold! But, I don’t have a credit card. What should I do?
Well, you are in luck. Frictional Games can now offer payment through your mobile phone when buying from our store. All you need is to be able to send and receive text messages and you can purchase Amnesia: The Dark Descent by adding the cost directly to your phone bill. No extra bills, no credit cards, no hassle.

Are you worried about the system requirements? Never got around to that upgrade? Are you running a delightfully weird OS?
Frictional Games knows how that story goes and have pushed ourselves to get those requirements way down for everyone. That’s right, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Don’t be surprised if the game does not only run, but flies on your computer!

“Je ne comprend pas, Ich verstehe nicht!” Are you one of our many friends who prefer a bit more “European” experience? Is perhaps all this gibberish to you?
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is available in not one, but five languages. English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. We have them all. There is no excuse, this game is for everyone. Capisce?

Here at Frictional Games we think everyone should have the opportunity to tremble from fear, especially at such an important and bloodcurdling holiday as Halloween. That is why we are offering both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra Collection at a 50% discount!

The Sale only last from October 29th through October 31st, so hurry up!

Credit card & PayPal: Frictional Store
Mobile payment: Frictional Mobil Payment

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a first person horror game with a focus on immersion. It is a game where atmosphere and story comes first. A breeze of fresh air, in a genre otherwise populated by “one-man-army action hero” sagas. In Amnesia you are almost completely defenseless, something we believe not only makes the game a lot scarier, but also gives a vastly different experience.

Enter an interactive nightmare where reality is a fragile concept.

Do you have what it takes to survive?
Amnesia The Dark Descent
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Amnesia The Dark Descent on Sale!

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 am

How much did you pay for this game, Drac? $10 sure sounds like a bargain to be scared witless :shock: :shock: :shock:
Boobie
If people had hearts like dogs, the world would be a better place!
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 am

Full price was $20, Rosaboobie.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Winfrey
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Gemini

Postby Winfrey » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:21 pm

This is a download not a dvd right?
------------
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see
Henry David Thoreau]
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Correct, Winfrey.
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:48 pm

Which download site did you use Drac? I am not sure if I want to go the Steam route again, but for $10 I will be scared. At least my desktop is right close to the bathroom, hehehe!!
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

I downloaded mine from Steam. I understand you must buy it through the Frictional Store to get the 50% discount this weekend.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info, Draclvr.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:00 pm

It's also available for Mac and Linux, Jude.
Jude
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
Zodiac: Scorpio

Postby Jude » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I noticed. When I got the Frictional Games Mac version, it gave me all three versions.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.wondrousuniverse.com
hawkavonpuka
Multi-Tasking Moderator
Multi-Tasking Moderator

Postby hawkavonpuka » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I paid for and downloaded from Frictional Games, didn't take long at all. I wanted to get it from Direct2drive, since I have others from them, but for some reason when I clicked the "Buy" it didn't bring up the special price. Strange cause the website said 50% off from them also. Now to get brave, very brave!
What kind of magic spell to use?
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Put on your big girl panties, Hawka. You're going to need them in this game!!
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Hee hee, I wish I liked action games, cos I would love to give this game a try. Can you imagine me playing it late at night here all on my own??? I would be a nervous wreck.

Let us know how you get on, Hawka - Just stay near that bathroom :wink:
Boobie
draclvr

Postby draclvr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 pm

She told us at Gameboomers that she got Depends to go with the game! I guarantee she will need them!

Rosaboobie, this one is a very "light" action game with no jumping or precision moves at all. You just move with the keyboard very smoothly rather than the "one step at a time" as in a point and click game.
Rosaboobie
Dastardly Demon
Dastardly Demon

Postby Rosaboobie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:26 pm

I really laughed at that - "Special Offer, free Depends with every game" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look, stoppit, you are merely trying to tempt me again. I am absolutely useless with keyboard controls. I am still of the "old school" :wink:
Boobie

Return to “Action, Action/Adventure and FPS Discussions”